Job title : Content Development, PLRCAP Consultant Hub
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : November 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Nigerian INGO Forum (NIF) NIF is an interagency network of international NGOs, established in 2014 to facilitate the coordination and cooperation of humanitarian aid and development between INGOs and among INGOs and external stakeholders including the Government of Nigeria, Nigerian civil society, UN agencies, diplomatic actors, and donors.
- PLRCAP (Promoting Local Response Capacities and Partnership) an initiative of the Nigeria INGO Forum, accompanies Nigerian local and national civil society organizations in their organizational growth and development. Through its NGO Support Hub, including the Hub’s digital learning tools, communities of practice, information and visibility databases, Nigerian NGOs can elaborate and progress organizational development plans, access technical assistance, learn and share with peers and experts, find partners and increase their visibility.
- In addition to member support functions, the Hub runs specialized learning journeys, as developed with members and partners, as well hosts its NGO expert webinar series, every two weeks, sparking peer learning and dialogue on key topics for Nigerian civil society. To ensure its effectiveness and relevance the Hub, with its partners the Hub carries out a series of research and knowledge-sharing activities, including mappings and reviews of Nigeria’s civil society, identifying challenges and success strategies.
- PLRCAP is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Organizational Development Consultant to develop a training program for Hub Guides and a comprehensive curated library of resource materials for Nigerian NGOs. The ideal candidate should have experience working with Nigerian or international NGOs in the areas of capacity strengthening, development, coordination, development and facilitation of learning programs. This position requires strong communication skills, a deep understanding of adult learning, and the not-for-profit sector and a passion for promoting effective learning and growth within the sector.
- This candidate will join a small team to assist in the launching of the hub.
Description of Duties
Develop and roll out a training program for Hub Guides:
- Supported by the PLRCAP team the Consultant will be required to develop a training programming for persons (interns and volunteers) who are interested in serving as Hub Guides helping CSOs organizations to navigate the hub resources and tools, carry out organizational self-assessments and develop organizational development plans.
Develop the Hub’s Curated Library of Resources:
- The consultant will be charged with filling the first content of the Hub’s curated library of resources and establishing appropriate feedback mechanisms to ensure the library is a living space.
- The library spans across:
- Establishing an NGO
- Running your NGO
- Effective Programming
- Effective Advocacy
- Humanitarian Policy
- With various subsections established in each area for each sub-section, the consultant is expected to populate as needed the following resources
- Tips and Guidance: Short guidance points on key issues to help give you a sense of the critical aspects of the topic and key learnings tips from peers and experts.
- Policy Guidance: A library of policy templates with advice on how to best contextual each policy to your organization.
- Useful Links: A series of internet links that we think our useful.
- Useful Courses: Online courses which we think may be of interest to you, as well as links to the PLRCAP and our partner course materials.
- Articles and think pieces: Links to useful articles and think pieces on the topics if you want to take a deep dive into the topic.
- Organizations to reach out to: Partners or organizations which we know of which could be useful to you in this area.
- Suggested Social Media links or Groups to join or follow: Suggested resources of networks which could be useful for you to join in this area.
- The consultant should also recommend how artificial intelligence could be used to keep these resources up to date or provide additional support.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., International Development, Development Studies, Organizational Development, or any area of Social Sciences).
- Proven experience working in the non-governmental sector, preferably in capacity strengthening or organizational development roles.
- Familiarity with organizational assessment tools.
- Good understanding of NGO operations, including project management, fundraising, governance, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Sound knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design methodologies, and participatory approaches.
- Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for training, data analysis, and knowledge management.
- Strong facilitation and training skills, with the ability to deliver engaging and interactive learning experiences.
- Strong leadership skills and entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to conceptualize and roll out a comprehensive learning program.
- Self-driven will little need for oversight.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- iMMAP France/3iSolution personnel is expected to respect principles of accountability to beneficiaries of PLRCAP and iMMAP France/3iSolution programs, in line with international standards while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
- Personnel is expected to respect the local culture and iMMAP France/3iSolution’s policies, procedures, and values at all times. iMMAP France/3iSolution has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct. iMMAP France/3iSolution is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “PLRCAP Consultancy – Nigeria” as the subject of the email.
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Content Development, PLRCAP Consultant Hub jobs