Catholic Relief Services’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Consultant – Technical Advisor jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : July 01, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of the consultancy is to support the CRS Nigeria Global Fund Malaria Project unit and provide state-level technical assistance and oversight on technical-related activities for the successful coordination of insecticide-treated nets (ITN) mass campaigns. S/he will provide training, accompaniment, technical support and M&E oversight to the State Ministries of Health in the mass campaign state.
Objective of the Consultancy
- The overall objective of the consultancy is to support the implementation of the ITN mass campaign by providing technical assistance, leadership, and oversight on technical-related activities to the technical workstream CTAT and the state team.
Main Tasks / Deliverables:
- Provide technical assistance to CRS, CTAT and partners for the implementation of ITN mass campaigns
- Support in planning and implementing ITN mass campaigns.
- Provide periodic updates to the Vector Control unit
- Provide leadership to technical work stream and leverage resources across the CTATs.
- Provide technical support for the overall planning and rollout of capacity building related to the campaigns at all levels with inputs from relevant technical staff across the work streams.
- Provide advice and technical support for state preparatory processes such as micro-planning, and budget development for ITN mass campaigns.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, monitor and evaluate ITN mass campaign performance and document lessons learned for future campaigns.
- Provide on-the-job capacity building for personnel in the technical work stream.
- Support technical work stream with a compilation of data from household mobilization, ITN distribution, in-process monitoring and end-process monitoring as needed.
- Support the distribution of ITN mass campaign materials to the various LGAs
- Support the incorporation of lessons learnt into the implementation package.
- Support the compilation of weekly and monthly campaign reports submission and dissemination to Government, partners, and relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed trip reports at the end of each trip to the campaign states which should include detailed follow-up steps to be submitted within 5 days of return from the state.
- Prepare weekly reports on microplanning and ITN mass campaign implementation and submit them to the campaign manager
- Prepare and submit detailed microplanning and ITN mass campaign report and microplanning templates 1 week after the end of the microplanning activity.
- Submit detailed activity report clearly highlighting your specific tasks/role during the activity at least 7 days after completion of the activity.
- Prepare completed/merged micro plans and state campaign budgets from work stream consultants within 5 days from the end of each micro plan process.
The consultant should possess the following combination of skills and expertise:
- An Advanced Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related fields.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in areas related to training, data management and M&E.
- At least 5 years of experience in malaria programs, especially ITN mass campaigns is required.
- Proven 5 years of experience in managing public health programs or projects in Nigeria or a similar developing country context.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs for at least 5 years.
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and partnership building for at least 5 years.
- Professional proficiency in English oral and written communication skills; strong demonstrated writing skills required (reports, evaluations)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Innovative, Strategic, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector.
- Strong representational skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners (including representatives of government agencies) in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Experience in eHealth and its applicability to Health systems is strongly desired.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently.
Management Arrangements and Follow-up:
- The Global Fund Malaria Project Vector Control unit will provide overall supervision and management of the consultancy.
- Focal contact persons on this consultancy shall be the Senior Manager Vector Control and/or the Deputy Chief of Party.
Key Working Relationships / Organizations:
- Internal: Project officer mass campaign, technical and DC workstream advisors, Logistics work stream consultants, Supply chain management unit, Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative Health, Country Representative, Operations Manager, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for Program Quality and Management Quality.
- External: State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), technical and financial Partners, partner health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA), Global Fund Country Team, Chemonics, relevant Third-party logistics agents.
Time and Level of Effort:
- This activity is expected to take place within a period of not more than 72 days per state campaign implementation schedule (microplanning and implementation). The deliverables are expected to be timely, and reports should be submitted no later than 10 days after the completed state campaign and microplanning.
Location of the Consultancy:
- The consultancy will take place in the campaign states( Niger, Delta, Kaduna, Taraba, Yobe and Kano).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters as one document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.