Palladium Group’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Consultant, COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : November 28, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Ref No: req12283
Project Overview and Role
- Data for Implementation (Data.FI) is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps countries strengthen and sustain access to mission-critical, high-quality data to accelerate HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control.
- The project provides end-to-end solutions from streamlining information needs to building scalable data systems, and supports global monitoring, evaluation and learning through the development of global guidance, indicators, tools and research.
- Data.FI has recently begun a project to assess the current practices and system for recording, reporting, sharing, and using data on adverse events following immunization (AEFIs) for COVID-19 vaccines. The activity will showcase the approaches, challenges, and implementation strategies of COVID-19 vaccine safety surveillance systems in Nigeria.
- The consultant will lead communication with in-country stakeholders, lead quantitative and qualitative data collection efforts on vaccine safety monitoring, assist in negotiations on data sharing, and support the revision and adaptation of technical documents.
- Data.FI is seeking a consultant to support the review of data practices related to vaccine safety surveillance systems in Nigeria. The expected duration of support is 6 months.
- The position is based in Nigeria. The consultant(s) will perform the responsibilities listed below with oversight and direction from the US-based Technical Advisors and Activity Managers.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Lead communication with in-country stakeholders, including representatives from the Ministry of Health/Expanded Programme on Immunization, National Regulatory Authorities, and donor partner representatives involved in safety monitoring.
- Advise on adaptation of assessment tools to ensure they fit the local context
- Support the development and approval of data sharing agreements
- Develop solutions for anticipated and unanticipated challenges with data access
- Map the data flow and data reporting processes for COVID-19 safety data
- Lead the collection of quantitative and qualitative data for the COVID-19 AEFI data assessment.This may include field work to carry out data validation exercises and conducting in-depth interviews with relevant stakeholders, including representatives from national regulatory authorities and the national immunization program.
- Document interviews with detailed notes and synthesis of themes across interviews.
- Contribute to data analysis, including creating summaries and visualizations of data.
- Review and provide input on assessment findings and final reports, including recommendations to address identified weaknesses in COVID-19 AEFI data systems and processes.
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of vaccine program delivery in Nigeria, with at least 5 years of professional experience working for or with the health system, knowledge and expertise in vaccines, and working with the public sector highly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety monitoring and/or mechanisms for reporting AEFIs in Nigeria.
- Proven ability to engage and work with MOH officials, USAID, other donors, and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated experience conducting rigorous quantitative and qualitative data quality and verification assessments, including experience conducting systems assessments and key informant interviews.
- High-level fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects preferable.
Skill and Abilities:
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills, including experience with key informant interviews.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse stakeholders (written and oral).
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a limited timeframe.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in team settings
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving and multicultural team.
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Nigeria
*Medical / Healthcare jobs in Abuja
*Consultant, COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online