Stanbic IBTC’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Compliance Officer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Compliance Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of compliance programs for the three entities (SIAML, SITL and SIIBL) within Wealth and ensuring these entities comply with applicable rules and regulations, policies, guidelines, codes and laws.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Manage Compliance Risk:
- Interpret regulations and laws that apply to the business and to provide information to business on how to comply
- Received and review subscriptions and accompanying KYC documents
- Monitor KYC positions across business entities
- Process all PEP approval requests and obtain approvals from PEP Committee
- Gather and properly document all required documentary evidence for the registration of new products and other regulatory functions
- Keeps the company abreast of recent regulatory development
- Notify the agency of change in operations, structure, trustees, registrar, and custodians
- Review new/amended Trust Deeds under trusteeship and make recommendations
- Coordinate the quarterly Investment Committee meeting
- Monitor investment guidelines as provided for in the Trust Deeds and report any deviation/exception
- Assess regulatory framework and ensure that any new developments are implemented in the businesses
- Ensures policies and standards are up-to-date and are appropriately documented
- Follow up with the Regulators for all pending applications and regulatory requests
- Ensures accurate and timely returns renditions.
Monitor continuous knowledge development regarding sectors rules, regulations, codes, laws, and best practices:
- Ensures that all members of the organisation act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect and in an ethical manner in dealing with all clients and partners as required by the Companys Code of Conduct
- General & Know Your Customer Compliance Training
- Know Your Customer Compliance Tracking and enhancement.
Relationship with other Businesses:
- Maintain open communication with Heads of Businesses so as to achieve business objectives in terms Compliance Risk Management
- Provide support to Business Unit Heads, especially to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
Monitor Business Ethics and Conduct As Required by All Staff:
- Ensure that the companys core values are adhered
- Provide guidance on acceptable business culture and reputation.
Delivers on business strategies:
- Take necessary steps to contribute to bottom line of the Businesses and ensure actual Performance are measured against set goals.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree Field of Study – Law or any Social Sciences
- 3 – 4 years in Risk and Compliance function
- 3 – 4 years in Secretariat and Governance function
- Must have 5 years post NSYC industry experience out of which, 2 years must have been spent in Risk and Compliance function
- Understand secretariat and Governance activities preferably in Capital Market Industry.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online