Job title : Commercial Manager, Agriculture
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 02, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- As a Commercial Manager, you will be accountable for the most important KPIs: growth and profitability of the agriculture category.
- You will focus on the supply and demand of agricultural produce & input managing end-to-end relationships from farmers/suppliers to off takers.
- From the essence of commercial, operations or even co-organization of the company’s Key commercial events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction.
- Responsible for the P&L of the entire agriculture category and accounts being managed.
- Build strong link with key decision makers and account managers of top aggregators.
- Build business plans for your category to ensure we grow them in a structured way.
- Identify best aggregators/offtakers with the best produce/inputs and best prices, onboard them to work with the company as our suppliers.
- Drive commercial performance, negotiating for great margins from agriculture vendors to maximize revenue.
- Develop and implement new programs, demand and supply initiatives and strategies to support sales
- Show strong understanding of the entire ecosystem as well as a tremendous network as you will take the lead in discussions for business development & key accounts.
- Drive growth by ensuring we have the right products at the right prices.
- Making sure your accounts are matching key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products ready to ship).
- Organize and coordinate key commercial events with our suppliers/vendors.
- Provide guidance, direction and support for commercial associates, key account managers and sales staff to develop and meet their targets.
- Keep current with economic indicators, changing trends, supply and demand and competitors to maintain sales volume and product mix.
Requirements Special Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience of supply management of agriculture and related products
- Strong supply network for commodities like cocoa bean, cashew nuts, SoyaBean, sesame seeds and Ginger.
- Ability to manage end to end commercial operations of agricultural trades (including export)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make recommendations by using data and judgment that is consistent with company culture as well as standards, practices, policies, procedures, or governing law.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to exert influence where necessary
- Strong Vendor & relationship management skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Motivated by the mission of Sabi
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself .
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs
- Commercial Manager, Agriculture jobs