The Confederation of African Football’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Commercial Director jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- Believe you have the background and professional experience to contribute to the renewal of African football as a commercial powerhouse and bring CAF to the very top of the sports media and sponsorship landscape?
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to CAFs goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Oversight of major commercial negotiations and supporting the CAF team to close complex rights deals.
- Delivery of CAFs sponsorship and media obligations, with a focus on event operations.
- Build and develop a high-performance culture in the CAF commercial department and collaborate effectively with other internal teams to deliver objectives and plans
- Oversee the appointment and engagement of major sales and service partner agencies as required.
- Advise the CAF President and CAF General Secretary on commercial issues, including Media Rights, Digital and Sponsorship strategies, as well as trends and issues in the football business landscape.
- Manage relationships with CAFs major commercial stakeholders: broadcasters, sponsors, and service providers.
- Ensure CAF meets the highest standards of event promotion, fan engagement and brand values.
- Structure CAFs commercial rights portfolio to achieve outcomes set by the CAF Executive Committee.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities.
- Run transparent and competitive processes for the sale of CAFs commercial rights and awarding of service contracts.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the CAF Executive Committee.
- Assist the Finance Director in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Establish and efficiently run a commercial department with concise workflows and approval processes.
- University Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Law, or related fields.
- Minimum experience of 10 years in different commercial functions at various levels, of which minimum of 5 years in a management position within a similar organization.
- Proven track record and at least ten years experience leading multi-market commercial portfolios and commercial negotiations. Senior experience in sports or major event revenue development, rights management, or marketing programs.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Fluent in English and/or French language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong level of proactivity with high sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization.
- High-value terms of employment.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Full Medical / Life Insurance coverage.
- Excellent Pension Plan solution.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.