Job title : Collection Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 22, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- We are looking for a Collections Officer to assist with the collection of outstanding overdrafts.
- The Collections Officer will contact clients and inform them of their overdrafts, negotiate payment plans, and ensure payments are made as soon as possible.
- To ensure success as a collections officer, you should have excellent communication, negotiation, and mathematical skills, as well as attention to detail.
- A skilled Collections Officer should be able to reduce company losses by encouraging customers to pay their overdue bills.
- Reviewing the company debtor list.
- Contacting customers and informing them of their overdue bills.
- Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payments.
- Negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Preparing customer financial statements for banks and the state credit department.
- Writing final notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made.
- Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Contacting lawyers and insurance agencies to facilitate payments.
- B.Sc, HND or an ND holder in Accounting, Business Management, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a Collections Officer.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with state debt collection laws.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of office and accounting software.
- Patience and resilience.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Customer Service jobs
- Collection Officer jobs