Cifman College’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Visual Art Teacher
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 18, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
CIFMAN COLLEGE is a co-educational secondary institution, founded in April 2009, with focus on offering all round education through an integrated scheme of a mix of Nigerian and British curricula.
The curricula and co curricula activities are student centered and are channeled towards students’ strength and their core competence in a bid to achieve independence in learning and learners being critical to what they learn.
The Visual Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history
- Instruct students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, monoprinting
- Understand a variety of “masters” techniques
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, preferrablly Masters Degree in Fine Art
- Three years’ work experience as a Visual Art Teacher.
- Proven Experience as a Visual Art Teacher
- Excellent Verbal Written and Communication skills
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.