Job title : Child Protection Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : February 18, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Mafa, Konduga and Bama LGAs of Borno State Northeast Nigeria
The Child Protection Officer will be responsible for implementation of Child Protection activities with guidance from Project Manager. Block roles include Case management and FTR response, working in the conflict affected communities to directly identify and register children, negotiate with local authorities, raise awareness, and try to seek the best outcomes in a limited and challenging environment.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
This role will contribute towards LABDI Child Protection strategic objective that All girls and boys have increased access to child protection services and violence against children is reduced. And No longer Tolerated.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Work closely with Project Manager to ensure the quality implementation of Child Protection activities in the field.
- Lead on case management activities and be supervisor in the designated field sites, with support from case workers, including coordinating and sharing data with other service providers using the Case Management SOPs, CPIMS Primero and handbook.
- Prepare weekly activity plans with line staff as necessary and ensure smooth implementation of these plans.
- Set up/strengthen Child Protection Committees, including training and awareness raising on dangers of Child Marriage in their communities and linking children/Survivors to available services.
- Set up/support and monitor Child Protection Help Desks to identify, support and refer children with protection concerns.
- Monitor and assess the implementation of the program, ensuring that case workers are using the CPIMS Primero consistently and correctly.
- Ensure all data from the case management are kept confidential and only shared on a need-to-know bases and in accordance with case management ISP.
- Representation of LABDI as necessary at community level i.e. Sector meetings etc and negotiate with local authorities when necessary.
- Coordinate with Logistics to ensure timely and safe delivery of supplies allocated to field activities.
- Adhere to safeguarding policy and report where necessary.
- Perform other functions relative to Child Protection activities and initiatives that may be assigned by Line Manager.
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling LABDI values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- widely shares their personal vision for Life at Best Development Initiative, engages and motivates others.
- future orientated, thinks strategically.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in social sciences or relevant experience in social work, community development and working with children in Child Protection programme.
- 3 years sectoral experience
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in a local language.
- Experience in community facilitation and mobilisation.
- Good understanding of community politics and traditional networks in program location.
- Excellent technical understanding of child protection and community-based approaches.
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Be able to prioritise tasks.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment.
- Gender awareness and sensitivity
- Commitment to the aims and principles of LABDI. In particular, a good understanding of the LABDI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Work experience with children and families, especially knowledge of child rights and participation.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Experience in capacity building.
- Previous NGO experience, including an understanding of neutrality as a National NGO
- Background knowledge in child protection, education, child rights and emergencies
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Application Information: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Letter of motivation and CV in a single PDF file) to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: LABDI has zero tolerance to sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), any act of child abuse including sexual exploitation and sexual abuse constitute acts of serious misconduct and are therefore grounds for disciplinary measures, including summary dismissal. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our anti-harassment policy. Deadline for submitting applications: 18, February 2024. using the position as subject of email.
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Child Protection Officer jobs