African Development Bank’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer, RDGC jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : October 08, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Position Number: 50076301
Location: Head Quarter or Regional
Position Grade: PL3
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat (PSEG).
The Hiring Department
- The African Development BankÛªs Security Unit (PSEC) is a robust security function reporting to the President of the Bank.
- Deep global analytical capabilities combined with Africa wide security processes are in place in order to provide the full spectrum of security services to the Bank.
- Security Unit detects, deters and reacts to a broad range of risks spanning the security spectrum; physical; political, information and reputational risks around the globe are monitored closely to address the changing security dynamic.
- Our security requirements include risk analysis, training, coordination with outside actors and implementation of security programs at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
- The Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer will be responsible for leading the delivery of security and safety services to the region.
- The incumbent will provide expertise and specialized support on all aspects of security and safety in the region based on International Standards and Bank Guidelines.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head Of Security Unit, the Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer will:
- Provide security advice for the Director General and all leadership personnel in assigned Field Offices
- Participate in the creation of corporate policies, strategies, standards and guidelines for Security and Safety
- Ensure corporate policies, strategies, standards and guidelines for Security and Safety are implemented
- Monitor the effectiveness of policies, standards and processes and take necessary action when required
- Supervise Security personnel in the Regional Resource Centre and its associated country and field offices.
Monitoring and Review:
- Threat Monitoring: Monitor and assess threats and ensure proactive measures are taken to mitigate potential risk to the AfDB operations
- Security Assessment and Review: Implement and manage a security risk and vulnerability assessment and review program to ensure the timely identification and management of threats including mitigation and prevention measures.
- Maintain close liaison with diplomatic missions (e.g. UN, NGOs), International Organisations security officers;
- Coordination and Networking with security officers / security focal points of all relevant actors in the region.
- Provide forward-looking advice and expertise on all security technology including access control, CCTV, Intrusion and security alarms.
- Emergency Plans: Develop and maintain emergency action plans to prepare for and respond to incidents including Active Shooter, civil unrest, terrorism and country evacuation.
- Regulatory compliance: Ensure that corporate operations meet and demonstrates compliance with all local security, safety and business continuity regulatory requirements.
Supply Partner Management:
- Lead the management of relationships with suppliers to help ensure the timely delivery of goods and services
- Lead the management of relationships with suppliers and the BankÛªs procurement departments to ensure compliance with procurement practices and timely payment to suppliers.
Budgets and Project Management:
- Ensure the efficient use of budgets and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget to agreed standards.
- Actively identify opportunities for cost savings through simplification or cross party collaboration
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Holds at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Security Management or Business Administration, Political / Social Science or International Relations, with focus on Security Management
- A minimum of 7 (Seven) years of progressive experience in coordinating security operations or in security administration within a security organization
- Professional Security Certification by an internationally recognized security institution
- Certification or completed training in: Weapons Proficiency, Convoy Driving, Defense Driving and Close Protection.
- Experience in managing multiple and divers military, police or security units operating in a conflict or post conflict environment
- Good assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks independently
- High level of experience in developing security related technical tools guidelines and systems.
- Ability to teach basic personal safety and security landmine safety and awareness.
- Communication – Provides clear and concise oral and written communication; presents oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience
- Problem Solving – Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Straight forward. Not afraid to tell the truth especially up the chain of command or when it might make one unpopular. Honest in word and deed in order to build confidence and trust with subordinates.
- Courageous. Fair minded and resists the temptation to ÛÏmanage upwardsÛ in order to look out for the best interests of the working masses. Resists pressures and has the will power to stand up for subordinates when required.
- Loyal. Both to subordinates and superiors. Enjoys engaging with subordinates, then promotes growth and upward movement of team members. Takes responsibility when things go wrong and initiates corrective actions without blaming others for team failures. Empowers surbordinates and peers with loyalty and transparency.
- Calm. Even tempered under pressure. Does not panic or hide during a crisis but stands up and takes a leadership role by managing both people and processes no matter how difficult the situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
*Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer, RDGC jobs in Nigeria
*Security / Safety jobs in Not specified
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates Should Click here to Apply Online
*Security / Safety jobs in Nigeria