Job title : Chief Operations Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- To provide overall operational leadership and guidance to the supply chain management team.
- To ensure the purchase of right items from right sources at the right price and delivered in the right quality, right quantity and on time to client.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the provision of strategic sourcing, procurement, expediting, transportation, local handling, warehousing and associated logistics services to third party clients and on all Hyprops Nigeria Limited-owned projects
- Proactively analyse the different elements of the Supply Chain for the delivery of individual orders or project materials and optimize service delivery costs at all levels
- Lead the development of new opportunities for our existing OEM products and other products so as to ensure that revenue generating sources for the unit are sufficiently diversified.
- Establish contacts in the oil and gas industry that will enhance the performance of the unit
- Establish useful contact with suppliers
- Secure new OEM relationships
- Source price quotations from suppliers/OEMs in response to RFQ /Enquires/ITT
- Negotiate terms with suppliers in conjunction with relevant in-house personnel and technical partners or related companies
- Liaise with HNL legal advisors and relevant in-house/units personnel to review procurement contract terms
- Liaise with technical personnel for technical inputs on procurement related matters on a need basis.
- Business development activities so as to constantly review the performance of the unit
- Ensure that the units maintains high OTD(On Time Delivery) performance with all clients
- Liaise with the Finance team to process import duty/VAT and exemptions (If required)
- Coordination of importation documentation
- Prepare invoice for submission and follow up on payments
- Provide expediting reports on Purchase Orders to Client’s
- Coordination of clearing and delivery of goods to clients/project premises
- Prepare list of all goods and equipment to be procured for projects
- Maintain and periodically update a register of procured items on any project, by type, quantity, and location
- Maintain a register for the delivery of procured items/under the project by type, quantity, and location
- Maintain a data base of all OEMs and suppliers for frequently procured items
- Come up with suggestions of ways to improve and grow the units operations
- Undertake periodic working visits to colleagues handling similar projects to gain and share experience for learning better ways and methods of executing projects
- Provide weekly invoice ageing repot to management
- Participate in bilateral and multi-lateral meeting on projects
- Any other duties assigned by the management
- Education: A university degree in engineering or any relevant field from an internationally recognized tertiary institution.
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years’ cognate work experience in the oil and gas industry.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Strong understanding of oil and gas service contracting
- Familiarity with project management
- Knowledge of Ariba network
- Can work independently without much guidance
- Ability to accurately identify risks that affect supply, transformation, delivery and customer demand
- Knowledge of warehouse management system applications
- Ability to effectively locate and source key material suppliers
- Ability to develop inventory management strategies and objectives
- Competent in BD activities
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership and strong management skills
- Excellent communication & Presentation skills
- Contract Management
- Strategic thinking
- Influencing and negotiations skills
- Great time management skills
- Ability to follow procedures exactly
- Highly organized
- Good MS Office skills particularly in Excel, Words and Powerpoint.
- Ability to delegate and enhance the performance of subordinates
- Excellent time management skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV as PDF or Word document to: email@example.com using “Chief Operations Officer ” as the subject of the mail.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Chief Operations Officer jobs