Job title : Chief Operating Officer
Job Location : Anambra
Deadline : October 18, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Our client urgently needs a Chief Operating Officer who interfaces with all aspects of company business functions such as project operations and Business Dev. Human Resources, Finance, etc.
- The successful candidate will also control diverse business operations to secure the functionality of the business for extension and sustainable growth.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of group and company operations
- Responsible for interfacing with the various HQ business units and Operating companies (OPCO) Managers.
- Work with the board to develop strategic direction across the group, regularly update the board on progress, and escalate critical business issues / risks.
- Must be able to carry out board-level communication and presentations to drive through propositions and issues.
- Oversee the preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly OPEX and CAPEX budgets and ensure the business runs optimally within the approved budget.
- Define and implement strategies and policies that will enhance operational efficiency and productivity across the business
- Streamline existing business processes and ensure adherence by staff
- Attend clients’ meetings for ongoing and prospective projects. Determine project requirements and assign staff.
- Oversee and maintain liaison between all parties concerned with the project to facilitate any changes or modifications and to facilitate resolution of project bottlenecks.
- Oversee the development of relevant project proposals and budgets and recommend approval of them before submission to clients.
- Advise on and be involved in the hiring of operation staff.
- Participate in staff performance evaluation meetings.
- Analyze short- and long-term resource needs and work with relevant departments to adjust human and material resources accordingly.
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines; track milestones and timelines across projects and institute necessary workflow, personnel, and financial resource allocations, making alterations when necessary to meet expectations of clients; analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and or to meet agreed upon deliverables; analyze financial and operational reports.
- Maintain records of expenses and approve payment for contractors. Track milestones, and inform the accounts department as these levels are attained so invoices can be sent in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess, renegotiate, and amend the scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts, and budgets.
- Identify trendsetter business development ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- Examine risks and potentials for business opportunities.
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Work with the Executive Management Team to continually grow and sustain profitability
- Perform any other duties incidental to the work described herein or as assigned by the GMD.
- On-time invoicing
- Ensure effective and appropriate use of company assets.
- Maintain expenses within the project budget.
- Increased turnover
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering / Management / Finance and preferably an MBA
- Must possess strategic perspective and strong analytical skills.
- Financial/commercial management exposure
- Minimum of 20 years cumulative experience, 8 of which must have been in a managerial role (Preferably in Nigeria)
- Engineering project management experience
- Must have experience working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Manpower management
- Age range: 45-50
- Business development
- Client relation management
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to assess and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Review and amend operational procedures
- Knowledge of codes and standards as well as safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the business needs.
- Collaborative approach
- Reliability, sound judgment, and discretion.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Chief Operating Officer jobs