Job title : Chief of Party – Nigeria
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Position summary & job purpose:
- Tetra Tech is searching for a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID Empower Nigeria Activity.
- The COP serves as the overall project manager and team leader. As the key liaison, the COP will be involved in all activities and tasks of the project.
- The position is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits and is contingent upon contract award. Non-Nigerian candidates must be willing to relocate to Abuja, Nigeria for the duration of the project.
The position is contingent on project award.
- Work closely with the client for the strategic vision and overall leadership of the project team and the team’s performance and achievement of all key objectives of the project.
- Ensure that USAID/Nigeria is fully knowledgeable and engaged with Host Government in Nigeria on all aspects of their energy, economic research, and reform agenda.
- Regularly liaise with the Power Africa Coordinator’s Office, USAID missions, and other USG agencies, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant sector stakeholders including multilateral development donors and private sector companies.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful management, initiation, and completion of complex energy studies of significant importance to Nigeria.
- Provides technical advice on energy issues, economic research analyses, and economic policy recommendations for project activities, including sector specific issues.
- Manage the preparation of the project’s progress report, work-plans and other contractual deliverables.
- Collaborate with the field-based operations team and home office staff on work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for client approvals, and reporting and budgeting.
- Coordinate with the home office and the field-based operations team on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring and deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the energy sector, preferably with experience in electricity distribution and transmission system management.
- 5 years of experience managing large and complex energy-related policy reform, and/or local government projects.
- Proven track record of leadership, demonstrated by a strong followership from junior colleagues and peers with exhibited success hiring, leading, and motivating highly- effective teams, ideally with experience managing people with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
- Prior experience as a Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party for USAID-funded projects
- Experience designing and implementing programs that promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated familiarity, and prior experience addressing energy sector challenges in Nigeria.
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build trusted relationships with partners, customers, lenders, service providers and investors.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Chief of Party – Nigeria jobs