fhi 360’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Chief of Party jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : October 20, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: 2021201795
Location: North West
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party for an upcoming FCDO-funded opportunity in Northwest Nigeria.
- This position is contingent upon award. The anticipated four-year Programme will deliver support to communities to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa (KJJ) and policy at federal/national level as appropriate.
The programme will:
- Improve/build foundational skills of marginalised children (particularly girls) through community learning initiatives
- Reduce demand-side barriers to education to enable and improve learning for marginalised children (particularly for girls) by addressing social norms and harmful practices
- Increase the evidence base and rigorously assess the effectiveness of community and household level learning interventions.
- The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall implementation and oversight of the Programme, including: managing the annual work plan and budgeting process; creating/maintaining an effective Programme management team; providing technical direction, overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system; and coordinating activities and sub-grantees to achieve results.
- This individual will be the primary liaison with the funder, government stakeholders, implementing partners and other programs in KJJ.
- The Chief of Party will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The Chief of Party will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, manage diverse teams, and deliver results within agreed timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; (however MasterÛªs degree strongly preferred) in Education, Public Administration, International Development, or related field from an accredited university.
- 12+ years of experience supporting complex donor-funded development activities in challenging environments with at least 8 years of supervisory experience. Prior experience as a Chief of Party for UK funded programmes strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to program compliance and reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills in complex or fragile contexts.
- Proven ability to coordinate with government representatives, non-governmental organizations, and community stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of, and commitment to, gender and social equity issues in education.
- Experience working in the education sector in Northwest Nigeria. Knowledge of the barriers to education that girls and marginalized children face.
- Experience mobilizing communities to address barriers to education and reduce harmful social norms.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Hausa preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This job details should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. FHI 360 management reserves the right to review and revise this job details at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits.
*Chief of Party jobs in Nigeria
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Not specified
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qalified candidates should Click here to apply online
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Nigeria