1 week ago
Job title : Chief Nurse (Migration Health) jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : March 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the Regional Nurse Coordinator, the Chief Nurse (Migration Health) will be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Abuja, Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain an optimal workflow in all the migration health assessment nursing and clerical activities in Nigeria to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
- Medical examinations;
- Laboratory testing;
- TB management;
- Treatment and referrals;
- Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
- Documentation, certification and information transmission;
- Other technical areas as may be required.
- Support and monitor resource management in HAPs in the following areas:
- In coordination with MHO recommend optimal staffing levels and organization of nursing and support staff;
- Participate in the selection process of and provide training, guidance and supervision to nursing and other staff;
- Monitor inventory of medical supplies and verify that all Migration Health Assessment Clinics have clear SOP’s regarding medical supply procurement; Roll out Pharmacy Inventory Management System (PIMS) related to medical equipment and supplies in the mission;
- Assist CHMO and MHO Lagos in budget reviews towards the adequacy of human and material resources for programme implementation;
- Maintain an optimal staff flow, including the allocation to routine duties, staff leave planning and work handover;
- Ensure implementation of fraud-prevention measures, including testing performed outside of the MHAC.
- Monitor clinical practice across HAP operations using standardized auditing tools and provide feedback on clinical and workflow performance. Disseminate and promote the implementation of best practice standards and compliance with resettlement countries technical Instructions as they relate to nursing activities within HAP operations.
- Supervise management of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and directly observed treatment/therapy short course (DOTS).
- Support the implementation of Infection Prevention and Control standards in IOM Lagos medical facility.
- Implement sound monitoring system of medical document flow and data entry; perform routine spot checks and apply quality assessment/quality control mechanisms to ensure errors are minimal in the relevant databases as well as organizing in-house trainings and keeping track of nurses’ engagement in continuous medical education.
- Draft and finalize medical and administrative reports and program updates as necessary; report any inconsistencies or issues to the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO).
- Coordinate, and perform if needed, the medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the final destination).
- Prepare and finalize statistical information and share with the CMHO as per pre-set and agreed upon format.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with various partners to facilitate the follow up and relevant information sharing. Partners include internal IOM departments, other health providers, panel physicians, Embassies other UN agencies or NGO’s and others as applicable.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Community or Public Health, Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing, epidemiology, programme management or public health is an advantage;
- Understanding of evidence-based clinical skills and demonstrated experience promoting nursing best practice, nurse educator etc.;
- Familiarity with IOM’s administrative, financial, and business rules and practices;
- Experience working on migration health and/or public health topics of international concern.
- Good knowledge of nursing principles, techniques and procedures: knowledge of public health as well as general migration related issues;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detail, accuracy and confidentiality at all levels of the health assessment process;
- Knowledge of specialized medical software is required. Knowledge of eMedical and Mimosa Web is an advantage;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Excellent proven written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly communicate health-related topics to non-health audiences;
- Ability to work in close coordination with a broad range of different units, divisions and colleagues on various topics/initiatives to achieve a common objective.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Chief Nurse (Migration Health) jobs
- Salary Offer: *********