Job title : Chief Investment Officer (CIO)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 06, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- AGYL is a brand-new, early-stage educational technology (EdTech) and service provider startup. It is a subsidiary of Kloudopp Limited that provides top-notch tech talent training, and it is built around an exciting and ambitious yet grounded product vision.
- Africa is the newest continent on Earth and is growing at the fastest rate. The number of young people working in Africa will rise to 375 million by 2030.
- The International Monetary Fund estimates that by 2035, there will be more young Africans joining the workforce each year than there are in the rest of the world put together due to population growth on the continent.
- The number of young individuals looking for work is much higher than the number of opportunities that are open to them. The skills of young people entering the workforce and the needs of companies are also out of sync.
- Many young people will have trouble finding employment to better their living conditions if nothing is done.
- Over the past six months, we have been researching and developing the best practices for building a talent workflow system that will help connect talented people with opportunities. At the lunch stage right now, over 300 students have applied for the program, and more are still doing so.
- The skills gap will be closed, and talent will have more career opportunities.
- The founders are accomplished professionals with a strong technical background, a top academic background, and professional experience in leading companies at leadership positions.
- With the product-market substantially validated, the company’s goal is to become a “unicorn” (valuation of one billion dollars) within the next three to five years.
- The company’s values are centered on meritocracy, reason, entrepreneurship, and empathy.
- Since the company is in its lunch stage, the individuals hired for this role will receive equity based on the vesting period (MVP).
- The company is in its pre-seed stage, and while we are presently at MVP and may receive grants from NEAR protocol, a few VCs have expressed interest.
- We are currently expanding to a critical point, and we urgently need a Chief Investment Officer. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of every stage of the investment process and have previously worked on startups and growth projects.
- Pay will not be made until we are able to raise funds between December 2023 and May 2024, as this is a startup. The founders is open to team members having a main job until funding is secured, which is a very good reason for needing you in the position.
- Again, this is not a paid position; it is for stock in the company and salary arrears. Once we generate revenue or receive an investment, we can pay ourselves a salary. All pending salary arrears will be prorated and paid upon funding.
- To join a high-achieving team, we are seeking an experienced Chief Investment Officer (please read the full job description before applying; this is not your typical Chief Investment Officer role!).
- Someone who genuinely enjoys versatility, does not want to be put in a box, is results-driven, does not mind getting their hands dirty, and enjoys working with like-minded people is the ideal candidate.
- This is a startup, there is no salary until we can raise. Founders is open to team members having a main job until funding is secured.
- Again, this is NOT A PAID POSITION, this is for equity vesting cliff in company & a large token allocation. Once we generate revenue or receive an investment then we can pay ourselves salary. All pending salary arrears will be prorated and paid upon funding.
- We are seeking a Chief Investment Officer. This individual may have the opportunity to work on business/financial systems, infrastructure, and transformation projects. The person in this role may manage Investment and Financial Related Information. This position location is LAGOS, though the team currently work a remote schedule.
- Kindly visit www.kloudopp.com to learn more about us as Software Development & Outsourcing Company. As well as our Subsidiary Talent and Development firm via www.agyl.africa.com.
- The CIO will provide insight and direction, leads the investment team, complete all fund transactions, and effectively maintain portfolio development on behalf of the organization.
- The role will include intensive investment structuring, due diligence, negotiations, and portfolio management of KloudOpp existing/future Fund Series ensuring maximum returns to all stakeholders.
- As part of executive management within the Fund Management Team, to raise capital for Agyl, the role entails the establishment of a credible investment pipeline and ability to engage potential investors on fundraising and to attract investors to Agyl’s funds.
- Develop and maintain efficient relationship with investment departments and ensure compliance to all policies and laws.
- Monitor all investments for organization and ensure efficiency in working.
- Analyze all client requirements and determine appropriate investment strategies for organization and develop an investment team to handle all work of organization.
- Provide expert knowledge on all investment and financial activities for project, manage project portfolio and evaluate efficient working of staff.
- Review all performance of the investment portfolio and prepare required report for management in accordance to company policies.
- Provide an interface with the Investment Committee and recommend new and changes to existing investment policies and submit it for approval.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on all market securities plans and manage all portfolio management products.
- Train all employees in investment activities, evaluate performance, and resolve all issues in same.
- Responsible for establishing investment strategies that are best for an organization’s goals.
- Participates in developing the business strategy and business plan as part of the executive management team of the company.
- Develops and deploys investment strategies in line with business requirements to ensure optimal return.
- Develops and implements relevant policies, processes, and procedures in line with business and legislative requirements.
- Performs due diligence on potential investments and business cases.
- Advises the Investment Committee of business risk and proposes appropriate mitigating strategies.
- Manages and controls investment risk through timeous identification thereof, and analysis of investment reports.
- Manages and ensures maximum conversion of pipeline deals into investments.
- Manages and ensures seamless implementation of post-investment value creation and exit strategies.
- Ensures networking with key stakeholders of potential investments, sponsors, and other relevant parties.
- Ensures ongoing marketing for business initiation purposes in identified markets, both locally and internationally.
- Reports to the Managing Director/CEO on a monthly basis and to the Investment Committee on a quarterly basis in respect of the pipeline and the investee companies.
- Advises the Managing Director/CEO and Investment Committee on the strategy and mechanism for exiting investments.
- Keeps informed of the political and regulatory environments of relevant countries and markets.
- Assists with the compilation and management of the Fund budget.
- Participates in fund raising initiatives including information creation, presentations, and investor engagement.
- Actively participates in the marketing of funds during capital raising.
- Has overall responsibility for assigned departmental staff and budgets.
Experience and Education
- Master’s Degree or MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent qualification;
- 10 – 15 years of experience in corporate and/or project finance/ private equity with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments;
- CFA, ACCA, CAIA, etc. are added advantages.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong work ethic.
- A proven track record of successful investment.
- Proven debt sourcing relationships.
- Superior understanding of how to find structure and close profitable tech investments and revenue.
- Superior understanding and proficiency of fixed income and equity investments.
- Knowledge of all type of tech investments and multiple market knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and to manage.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proven leadership abilities
- Outgoing, business-like personality.
What’s in it for you
- Meaningful early-stage shares equity vesting
- Large token allocation
- A well thought through concept and business plan with early-stage validation
- No salary until funding can be achieved, all pending salary arrears will be prorated and paid upon funding.
- Remote Flexibility
- Tons of influence and input, you will not be a cog in a wheel here!
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume, Portfolio and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Chief Investment Officer (CIO) jobs