TeamAce Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Chief Editor jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 06, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Our client, A Digital Technology firm,is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the position;
Location :Ikeja ,Lagos
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas.
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations.
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences.
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors.
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces.
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines.
- Read content and correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Rewrite text to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Evaluate submissions from writers to decide what to publish.
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed.
- Approve final versions submitted by staff.
- Design the contents of publications based on the company’s publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing specifications.
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio.
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools.
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- Working knowledge of the tenets of professional journalism.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- Ability to calmly handle breaking news situations and changing events.
- A minimum Of HND/BSC in any related field.
- 5 years minimum experience as a a chief editor in similar industry.
- Have worked in similar agencies.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.