Catholic Relief Services’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Finance Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : April 19, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: CARO-NG-Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Insight financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Review and manage account payables.
- Support in preparing bank reconciliation statement.
- Review, analyze and monitor staff receivables.
- English is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting System or similar financial reporting software a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Program Manager(s), Project Grant Accountants, Finance Officers, Deputy CR
- External: External Auditor(s) and Donor Representative(s).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here