Job title : Casual Driver
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 19, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
General Description of the Position:
The driver Is to drive, maintain, and manage vehicle(s) under the general supervision of the logistics /IT officer – Fleet.
The driver is expected to work during normal business hours; however, because of the context where we work there may be frequent occasions where his/her assistance will be needed outside of work hours, to the greatest extent possible this need will be communicated to the driver in advance and personal obligation will be respected and honored as much as possible, that said flexibility and willingness to help meet critical project timeline and deliverables important. Overtime compensation, as applicable and approved, may be applied.
Furthermore, the driver is accountable for ensuring safe and efficient driving in the location assigned and in project areas. The driver provides transport services to TdH staff member, visitors, or daily errands as assigned by the supervisor. He/she keeps up to date on the fuel consumption. Use log sheet for the day-to-day movement and should be familiar with the safety and security guidelines of TdH.
Responsibilities & Task
- Receiving the vehicle with its accessories by hand-over document and sign hand-over formats for receipt of vehicle with its accessories
- Provide driving services to the coordinators, manager, staff members, visitors & guests from HQ
- Handles clients with due care and respect. Respect the faith and culture of different communities.
- Respect the rules and regulations of departure and arrival hours according to logistics manual
- Handles confidential matters with due care and in consultation with logistics office.
- Maintains records of the logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time
- Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, check the level of engine oil, radiators, and windscreen washers water are adequate, etc.
- On weekly basis, check the level of brake and clutch oil, battery water and pressure of tires is at the proper levels, and also ensure that all lights and indicators are working properly
- Ensure that all assigned vehicles is not driven by another person unless authorized.
- Maintaining all the safety and security measures to the vehicle under his/her care
- Ensuring that the vehicles assigned to him/her is clean, fueled, lubricated and regularly services as per schedule.
- Keeps all tools and reserve tyre with due care. Handles the vehicle and other related accessories and materials with due care.
- Clean seat belts each day and wears the same all times and insist all passengers to do the same
- Have the logo visibly displayed on all assigned vehicle in collaboration with logistics officer, except where this would jeopardize staff safety or be inappropriate to specific local circumstances.
- Park in safe and secure areas all TdH vehicle during working and nonworking hours. Park the vehicle in safe place during night.
- Follow laws regarding a maximum number of passengers and use of seat belts at all times.
- Records required information in a vehicle logbook such as mileage travelled, fuel consumed, destination, time of departure and arrival submits to supervisor on monthly basis.
- Take all preventative measures to ensure that passengers and properties are not exposed to dangers and accidents.
- Undertakes minor repair of the vehicle.
- Report accident as occurred immediately.
- Adheres to rules and regulations of Tdh
- Respects the traffic rules and regulations strictly.
- Performs other related tasks ad required
- Completion of secondary school certificate Examination (SSCE) WAEC, NECO and NAVTEC
- Have a valid national driving license.
- Trained in safety and security.
- At least 3 years of working experience with clean driving record or with similar INGO experience in similar context for 2 years.
- Willingness to work over weekends, holidays, and harsh climate situations.
- Experience in vehicle maintenance
- Trustworthy, honest, and reliable.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in different environments.
- Knowledge of Hausa and any local language is required.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Commitment to Tdh’s value and principles
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Driving jobs
- Casual Driver jobs