FINDEF’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Cash-Based Transfer (CBT) Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : March 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The CBT Officer will be responsible for managing the cash transfer component of the project, which will include designing, implementing and monitoring the CBT activities to ensure that they meet the project’s objectives and deliverables. The CBT Officer will work closely with the project team, implementing partners and stakeholders to provide unconditional food and cash assistance to food insecure women, children, elderly persons, and people with disability affected by the crisis. The successful candidate must be willing to work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Design, develop and implement CBT activities in accordance with the project implementation strategy and in line with WFP guidelines.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with relevant government authorities, financial institutions, and other stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of CBT activities.
- Develop and implement efficient and effective systems for cash transfer management, including recipient selection, registration, verification, distribution and monitoring.
- Ensure that CBT activities are carried out in a safe, secure and effective manner, and that all protection and gender considerations are taken into account.
- Ensure that cash transfers are delivered to the right people, at the right time and in the right amount.
- Ensure the proper use of financial management tools, including preparing and submitting financial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitate the regular monitoring and evaluation of CBT activities to ensure that they are achieving the desired results and that any issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to beneficiaries and communities to enhance their understanding of the CBT program and how it works.
- Develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date records of CBT activities and beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with other project staff and stakeholders to ensure the integration of CBT activities with other project components, such as livelihoods and capacity strengthening.
- Ensure gender and protection considerations, community engagement and monitoring are integrated into the distribution.
- Support the implementation of complementary livelihood activities including skills building, financial literacy sessions, VSLAs, and SMEs.
- Promote nutrition-sensitive and climate-smart agriculture interventions and provide non-food items for small vegetable gardens to improve households’ nutrition and self-sufficiency.
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of project activities and results.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as social sciences, development studies, or economics.
- At least 3 years of experience in cash-based transfer programming, with a proven track record of success in managing large-scale cash transfer programs.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and the role of CBT in crisis response.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with government authorities, financial institutions, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to develop, implement, and monitor projects in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong financial management skills, including experience with financial reporting and budget management.
- Experience working in conflict-affected and fragile environments, with an understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented by these contexts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and outside the box.
- Knowledge of WFP guidelines and principles for safe distributions.
- Knowledge of complementary livelihood activities and financial literacy.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted based on the evolving needs of the project.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
* Cash-Based Transfer (CBT) Officer jobs
*Jobs in Borno
- Salary Offer: *********