Job title : Career Progression and Placement Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Salary: 250,000 Gross – 300,000 Gross
Female for gender balance
The role of the Career Progression and Placement Officer primarily involves assisting students in their career development journey, facilitating job placements, and maintaining relationships with employers.
- Engage community businesses regarding their immediate and long-term employment needs.
- Establish and maintain internship and job placement opportunities.
- Document all program activity, track student placement in jobs and internships, analyze data, prepare reports, and present findings.
- Develop and coordinate career counseling services, job search assistance, and internship opportunities
- Develop and coordinate student workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills, careers, and other related topics.
- Organize and facilitate networking events, job fairs, and employer presentations to connect job seekers with potential employers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local employers and organizations to identify job opportunities and promote job seeker candidates.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Responsible for managing the retrieval of outstanding loans from students.
- Overseeing the efficient processing of students’ stipend payments.
- Offers guidance and assistance to students in writing compelling CVs (Curriculum Vitae) to enhance their job prospects.
- Manages the process of opening and maintaining student accounts and loan application.
- Addresses and resolves issues related to non-compliance among students, ensuring adherence to institutional or program guidelines.
- Create and develop training materials, curriculum, and resources to address specific organizational needs.
- Provide support to any additional project ongoing in the organization as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Mass Communication, English, Counseling, Career Development, or any related field.
- Previous experience in career counseling, job placement, or related fields.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good proposal writing skills
- Knowledge of career assessment tools and resources.
- Familiarity with job market trends and tech industry requirements.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including database management and Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Human Resources jobs
- Career Progression and Placement Officer jobs