Job title : Business Development Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- As the Country Business Development Manager for Diversey in Nigeria, you will play a pivotal role in defining and executing the country’s sales strategy.
- Your responsibilities will encompass leading the sales team, managing key accounts, optimizing the supply chain, inventory management, and ensuring transparent reporting processes.
- The BDM represents the entire range of Institutional products and services.
- The role Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships through a superior stakeholder matrix.
- The role is responsible for customer retention and their growth, new customer acquisition and their development so as to achieve short, medium term and long term profitable accounts and Nigeria business growth.
- The incumbent will have people responsibility including recruiting, developing and motivating them.
- He will deliver individually and through the team with clear set goals and KPI’s targets
Country Strategy Development:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive country sales strategy that aligns with Diversey’s global objectives and addresses the unique dynamics of the Nigerian market. Participates in the integrated SBU planning process through development of annual customer plans and forecasts.
Sales Team Leadership:
- Provide effective leadership and direction to the sales team, ensuring they meet or exceed sales targets, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and customer-centrism approach.
- To develop and maintain a sales and support team designed to meet marketing and sales development goals and objectives.
Customer Management –
- Maintains a strong and feasible customer funnel with clarity on developing existing customers, converting new customer from competition and or new openings and up selling to them.
- The role will ensure there are clear customer plans for self and team which will be managed through a robust platform.
- The role will take lead in identifying customer needs, trends and drivers jointly with his team which will be will be delivered to the customers through a robust stakeholder mapping and engagement.
- The role will work closely with regional Global Strategic Accounts leaders, regional applications and technical experts to deliver value to customers.
Supply Chain Optimization:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline and enhance supply chain processes, ensuring efficient stock management and product availability.
- Oversee inventory levels, ordering, and distribution to prevent stock outs and minimize inventory carrying costs.
- Manage the sales budget effectively, optimizing resource allocation and expenditure to maximize ROI.
- Manage and penetrate customers at all levels and develop and maintain relationships with commercial and non-commercial teams within the accounts
Reporting and Analytics:
- Implement clear, transparent reporting mechanisms to track sales performance, market trends, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide regular updates and insights to senior management.
- He will understand the country’s P&L deliverables and reporting.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volumes and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.?
- Ensure that all sales activities adhere to relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION & COMPETENCIES
- Graduate degree in Chemistry, Food science, Chemical Engineering, BCom, or any related discipline.
- MBA is an added advantage
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in sales leadership, preferably in B2B.
- Experience in the cleaning and hygiene industry, hospitality industry (hotels, restaurants, lodges, institutions), or food and beverage industry will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian market, including regulatory requirements and cultural nuances.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in data-driven decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute sales strategies that drive revenue growth.
- Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
- Knowledge of supply chain and inventory management best practices.
- A team player with a strong collaborative cross-functional approach to the role.
- Proficiency in using sales and analytics tools.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs
- Business Development Manager jobs