Job title : Business Development / Commercial Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 01, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
The Business Development / Commercial Manager, is responsible for the development of new business across DRYVA Logistics Operations.
In this key role, you will build customer value through strong relationships, aligned strategies & approach resulting in sustained profitable growth for DRYVA. You will acquire and manage necessary information for customer inquiries, work internally with Logistics team to develop solutions and pricing for customers and provide customers insights and feedback on new processes and systems to support the rapid growth of new logistics business. You will also maintain and/or project manages new and existing accounts to ensures proper overall account service, prepare sales targets/budgets, negotiate contracts, and tracks progress versus goals.
- Establish relationships with customers; work with customers to understand their needs and interface with Logistics team to develop, implement and track customer solutions.
- Acquire, manage, understand, document and communicate customer requirements, specifications and any other items of importance to the customer.
- Responsible for negotiating transportation and logistics contracts, rates, and service offerings.
- Maintain and manage all internal and external communication regarding strategic customer business.
- Utilize CRM or other software to report and track progress toward goals.
- Author all reports on service levels including quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders, where such is aligned.
- Ensure all service delivery requirements are met
- Deal with difficult customer situations and complaints successfully, and in a very timely manner.
- Generate opportunity pipeline through cold calling, lead generation activities, inbound calls, social media, and email campaigns.
- Maximize sales growth through internal collaboration with operations, finance, domestic transportation and distribution centre teams.
- Set up and attend virtual/face-to-face meetings to customers by providing presentations, actively listening and offering solutions to their logistics and supply chain needs.
- Onboard new customers and collaborate with senior management team to escalate and develop opportunities.
- Conduct research & gather intelligence from internal & external sources to truly understand the customer (strategies, operational & procurement culture)
- Organize and hold strategic customer dialogues with decision makers on clients’ teams to identify customer’s business objectives, supply chain requirements & challenges (ensure business fit)
- Jointly create & execute Customer Development Plan (CDP) with divisional key account managers, validate with customer and generate buy in within DRYVA
- Create future opportunities by translating customer needs & business trends into potential solutions
- Create win plan for opportunities
- Maintain and update opportunity pipeline reports and timely entry of sales calls reports.
- Understand and clearly communicate DRYVA’s services and products to customers.
- Local market research and knowledge of the international trade, transportation and logistics industry.
- Strong understanding of company business and services as well as business position and competition to keep business competitive
- Review service agreement contracts to ensure they meet legal and corporate guidelines
- Analyse market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments to identify opportunities and adjust strategies accordingly.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, finance or a similar area
- Master degree in relevant field is an added advantage
- 8+ years of prior experience in Sales
- 5 years of experience in logistics operations (transportation, warehousing, shipping, 3PL solutions) to include customer service and account management or logistics experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- General knowledge of Intermodal (Road, Rail, Air), E-Commerce, and Supply Chain processes.
- Experience in the FMCG sector is a plus.
- Proven ability in sales, generating successful growth solutions to customers;
- Experience using Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
- Highly developed leadership, customer relations, technology and innovation skills
- Strong aanalytical and problem-solving skills, with core competencies in business analysis, market evaluation.
- Proven experience in developing and managing relationships.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, oral and written in order to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and technical skills required to create proposals and find solutions to meet client requirements, such as using software programs and other tools.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Sharp negotiation and networking skills
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs
- Business Development / Commercial Manager jobs