Africa Youth Growth Foundation’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Business Developer and Resource Mobilization Manager jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- Develop and implement a Resource Mobilization Strategy;
- Manage the resource mobilization functions by monitoring and reporting on the Resource Mobilization Strategy implementation;
- Conduct an environmental scan and provide donor intelligence (thematic orientations, modalities of engagement, entry points, forecasts etc.) to the Executive Director and the Research Directors to increase probability of attracting funds;
- Spearhead proposal development efforts ensuring efficient coordination with teams and the submission of high quality grant proposals;
- Develop and/or enhance resource mobilization tools as needed;
- Maintain and extend the system in place for identification and response to calls for proposals;
- Continually seek innovative means of attracting new donors;
- Monitor and maintain the proposal pipeline and generate monthly reports for managementÛªs strategic decisions;
- In collaboration with the communications team, engage in organizational brand building including development of collateral materials to support fundraising efforts, such as brochures;
- Maintain the donor database in place to ensure it is an up-to-date and dynamic document and share its contents systematically with the Executive Director and the Research Directors;
- Develop generic templates for quick response to calls where donors do not provide templates;
- Document various meetings with donors, monitor required action and accompany the Executive Director to meetings with donors, as required;
- Engage in donor relationship management to ensure donor retention and upgrades while capturing new development partners;
- Identify and cultivate relations with strategic implementing partners for prospective consortium style initiatives;
- Represent AYGF at key strategic forums both locally and internationally, as required;
- Build the capacity of AYGF staff, board and partners on resource mobilization, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Master’s Degree (minimum) in Social Science or other relevant field;
- At least ten years of relevant work experience, in the NGO/Developmental sector in similar capacity;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking and communication skills;
- Excellent leadership, coordination and relationship building skills;
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in development;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills;
- Demonstrated engagement with diverse donors and development partners;
- An effective and energetic team player, with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
- Strong self-motivation and innovative skills, with capacity to work independently and meet deadlines. Desirable:
- Knowledge of grant management, monitoring and evaluation practices;
- Understanding of development policy research and issues related to inclusive growth and sustainable development in the developing regions.
*Business Developer and Resource Mobilization Manager jobs in Nigeria
*Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in FCT – Abuja.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
*Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs in Nigeria