UNICALABAR’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Bursar jobs in Cross River
Job Location : Cross River
Deadline : July 28, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- The Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Bursar of the University which is now vacant.
- Interested candidates are requested to note the following information:
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the management and control of the finances of the University.
- He/She shall advise the Vice-Chancellor on finance-related matters, coordinate the development and update of the University’s financial management plans, and coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure statements, balance sheet, cash flow estimates and consolidation, when necessary.
- He/She shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University amongst other responsibilities.
Requirements for the Candidate
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree in Accounting from a reputable university or HND certificate Accounting (not below Lower Credit) from a recognized Polytechnic with at least fifteen (15) years post-graduation experience and twelve (12) years relevant post-qualification experience in an institution of higher learning.
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Bursar, who has spent at least four (4) years on the post.
- Should not be older than sixty (60) years upon appointment
- The applicant must possess any of the following professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications: ANAN, ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA, and ICAN.
- Possession of a higher qualification with financial management capacity as well as Certification in IFRS and a proven track record of success with automating financial and accounting reporting systems will be an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University,
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 15 type written copies of their applications and attached with full up-to-date Curriculum Vitae prepared in the following order:
- Full names with surname first
- Marital status, number & ages of children
- Date and Place of birth
- State of Origin and Nationality Current contact address and Permanent home address, phone numbers & emails Educational background with dates Academic & professional qualifications with dates Previous employment, post held with dates Present employment, status & salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- List of publications with dates
- Names and addresses of 5 referees
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his/her tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University
Applications in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar” should be forwarded to:
University of Calabar,
P.M.B. 1115, Calabar,
Cross River State.
One soft copy of the application, CV and supporting documents should also be submitted in PDF format and sent by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.