National Open University of Nigeria’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Bursar jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : 23-May-22
Quick Recommended Links
The post of the Bursar of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) will become vacant on 2nd October, 2022. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993, As Amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2003, the Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of suitable and qualified candidates for the position. Interested candidates are requested to note the following information:
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the management and control of the finances of the University.
- He/She shall advise the Vice-Chancellor on finance-related matters, coordinate the development and update the University’s financial management plans; coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure statements, balance sheet, cash flow estimates and consolidation, when necessary.
- He/She shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University.
- The duties shall include monitoring monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets, and ensuring that they are reconciled;
- Monitoring treasury activities including cash flow projections and forecasts for prudence and accountability;
- Negotiating with financial and government institutions with regard to financial matters.
Requirements for the Candidate
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree in Accounting and Finance or any related discipline from a recognised University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience in an institution of higher learning preferably in an Open and Distance Learning Institution.
- Possession of a higher qualification will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must possess any of the following professionally recognized accountancy qualifications: ANAN, ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN.
The candidate is also expected to:
- Demonstrate evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who can lead by example and has clear mentorship skills and plans; and should not be older than sixty (60) years upon appointment.
- Exhibit a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial resource management with an outstanding experience at management level;
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate colleagues, a person with dear vision for the development of the University and must be ready to implement the vision of the University;
- Be focused and innovative, computer literate and must have a good working understanding of communication by internet;
- Be in excellent physical and mental health;
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Bursar, who has spent at least four (4) years on the post.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 type-written copies of their Applications and attached with full Curriculum Vitae prepared in the following order:
- Full names with surname first
- Post sought
- Marital status
- Number & Ages of Children
- Date and Place of birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Current contact address, phone numbers & emails
- Permanent home address
- Educational background with dates
- Academic & professional qualifications with dates
- Previous employment, post held with dates
- Present employment, status & salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- List of publications with dates
- Names and addresses of 3 referees
- A two page write up on applicant’s vision & mission for the University.
Applications in sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” should be forwarded to:
National Open University of Nigeria,
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, University Village,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way, Jabi,