Job title : Bursar jobs in Edo
Job Location : Edo
Deadline : May 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day’to-day financial administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- The Candidate for the post shall be visionary, a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of a Tertiary Institution system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class financial system.
- He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be ICT compliant. In addition, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership and on-the job proficiency training to the Bursary staff.
Qualifications and Qualities
- Possess a good honours degree (at least Second Class Lower Division) preferably in Accounting, Economics, Financial Management or any other related field or related subjects from recognized tertiary institutions;
- Possess professionally recognized accountancy qualifications, e.g. ICAN, ACMA, ACA, ANAN, CPA, ACCA, CNA. Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage;
- The candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years post-honours degree and ten (10) years post-professional qualification experience. In addition, the candidate must be holding the position of Deputy Bursar in a University or equivalent in a comparable institution, with at least five (5) years in the post;
- Be computer literate and must be conversant with accounting and auditing software,
- Be free from financial embarrassment and enjoy good physical and mental health, and
- Be below the age of 55 years at the point of assumption of duty.
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment for the position is for one single non-renewable term of five (5) years.
- The salary and other benefits of the Bursar is approved from time to time by the Edo State Govemment.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Applications, thirty (30) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations.
- Honours and Distinctions, if any.
- Academic / Scholarly publications.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates.
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates.
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and address of three(3) referees (preferable employer, educational and personal).
All Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope, by courier, and marked “Application for the Position of Chief Lecturer (Agricultural Engineering)” at the top left-hand corner to
The Hon. Commissioner,
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security,
Ezoti Street, Benin City,
Edo State, Nigeria.
- Applicants should advise their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover by courier to the Hon. Commissioner at the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Bursar jobs
- Salary Offer: *********