International Rescue Committee’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Budget & Reporting Manager
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 01, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations.
- IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State.
- Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods
Job Overview / Summary
- This position will be based in Abuja / Field and assists the Budget and Reporting Coordinator.
- This requires a motivated, flexible, problem-solving team player with excellent analytical, communication skills and the ability to prioritize activities and work to tight deadlines.
- As part of the finance team of the country office under the supervision of the Budget ad Reporting Coordinator, the Budget & Reporting Manager will be responsible of managing the day-to-day budget and grants budgeting and reporting tasks assigned to the role.
Nigeria Country Office Fiscal Year Operating Budget:
- Assist the Budgeting & Reporting Coordinator in the preparation of the Nigeria Fiscal Year Country Operating Budget.
New Proposal Budget Development:
Under the supervision of G&R Coordinator –
- Prepare budgets for the new proposals and revises existing budgets, ensure all costs are covered (not under/over budgeted), in addition to ensure the correct use of the IRC and specific donor budget standard templates and linking it to the donor template.
- Prepare the new budget Category code (D2 codes) and look up codes for new grants, perform upload in Integra.
Grant Management & Reporting:
- Review spending plans for grants assigned to the position holder in conjunction with designated budget holders and SPC calculation projection.
- Review budget spending against spending plans / actual spending and advise relevant staff on spending status. Request feedback on all over/under spending from budget holders.
- Participates in monthly BVA panel and share spending analysis with grants spending feedback and follow-up on action points identified during the grant’s meetings.
- Attend and provide input and support to Grants Opening, Project Implementation meetings -PIM and Grant Closing Meetings.
- Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program Managers on all questions regarding the BvA reports and process as BVA Finance Admin.
- In compliance with the donor regulations and the IRC requirements, propose adjustment entries required for the BvA reports and grant financial reports
- Prepare grants external donor financial reports for review and sign off in country by the Deputy Director Finance and SMT for further submission. Ensures reports are in compliance with the donor reporting template, to be submitted on time as per internal and external contractual requirements.
- In consultation with the Grants Unit, provide review on actual charges transactions and advice on key donor compliance requirements.
- Provide analysis review of grants spending plans vs actual spending.
- Perform the Finance verification of Purchase Requests to ensure: Items are allowable, allocable, and reasonable; Budget remaining balances are adequate; Accuracy of information included of: Items charging codes are correct and Mathematical calculation of total amounts.
Staff Training (Finance & Non-Finance):
- Assist the B&R Coordinator in conducting regular staff training and induction sessions for Program, Operations, Finance, Nigeria Field Offices staff on Budgeting and reporting topics, such as: Budget management, review grant actuals and reports etc
- Reconciliation with the financial report tool and accounting system.
Key Working Relationships
Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Grants Unit, Program Coordinators, Finance, and budget holders
- Region / Global: Regional Finance Director
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in a non-profit setting in budgeting and financial reporting
- Working experience on major donors funding ECHO, BHA, USAID, OFDA, FCDO, UK Aid, EU Trust Fund, SIDA, CAD, etc
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Strong analytical skills to be able to make logical and strategic budget decisions
- Skills and abilities in working remotely supporting staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present to groups of all sizes.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure whilst prioritizing multiple task
- Willing to travel within Nigeria.
- Hard-working and detailed oriented.
- Fluency in English
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Office software suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience working with databases and/or other tracking systems.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online