2 months ago
Job title : Board Executive Support Manager & Management Accountant jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 03, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Summary of Role
The Job description highlights the overall responsibilities of the Board Executive Support Manager:
- To provide support to the Executive Director of Finance and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Executive Director of Finance, and other executive Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- This role will also coordinate and manage all administrative procedures and systems within company.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Support daily and month-end accounting procedures for the account results, including P&L activity (management fees, etc.), balance sheet activity (deferrals, accruals); accounts receivable / cash application.
- Plan and manage cash flow and investment activity, in consultation with the Executive Director of Finance.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Executive Director of Finance, and other executive Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Maintain the system of accounts and keep books and records on transactions and assets.
- Collect, interpret, and review financial information and predicting future financial trends.
- Prepare financial reports, budgeting and finance projections (including account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.) in consultation with the Executive Director of Finance.
- Execute accurate reporting, analyse options and make financial recommendations and develop long-term business plans based on these reports.
- Prepare forecasts, and comprehensive budgeting.
- Report on Revenue and expenditure to the Executive Director of Finance.
Financial Risk and Performance:
- Analyse and assess financial risks and reporting financial performance to the Executive Director of Finance (to learn from the past and make decisions for the future).
- Identify new metrics to drive business performance relative to strategic priorities while minimising risk.
- Support the Executive Director of Finance in the development and implementation of valuation models, materials, development of ongoing measurement, tracking performance versus expectations, and providing recommendations for corrective actions.
- Establish and administer in consultation with the Executive Director of Finance, an adequate plan for the control of operations including profit planning, programs for capital investing and financing, sales forecasts, expense budgets and cost standards, together with necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Contribute to the achievement of company’s business objectives by providing advice on financial strategy to the Executive Director of Finance.
- Ensure adherence & compliance to financial laws, practices and guidelines, in line with statutory regulations and legislations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all administrative procedures and systems. Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within company.
- Ensure the Board of Executive Director and Board of Directors meetings (and AGMs) are effectively organised and minuted (keep detailed meeting notes), in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Liaise with the CEO to plan the Board of Executive Director meetings and receiving agenda items from Executive Directors. Preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Ensure there are comprehensive and effective governance arrangements in place within the Board of Executive Director meeting structures. Produce and distribute correspondence, letters, and forms.
- Manage and organise the Board of Executive Director appointments, meetings and schedule using [Tool TBC].
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- File, generate reports & presentations and set up for meetings and maintain contact lists.
- Capture, file, and circulate agendas/reports (including the maintenance of effective records and administration) and tracking and ensuring agreed actions are carried out as directed the CEO.
- Keep up-to-date directory of Directors and committees, in consultation with the CEO.
- Keep records of organisational activities, and a diary of future activities.
- Ensure effective communication and correspondences within the Board of Executive Director, in consultation with the CEO.
- Other duties which may be required from time to time.
- This job description is not limited to the above duties and the role may be required to undertake future duties not yet defined. The job description may be reviewed from time to time at the discretion of management.
Essential Skills and Attributes Criteria
- ACCA, CIMA, ICAN or equivalent.
- 10 – 15 years work experience.
- Extensive senior level accountancy experience.
- Good understanding of tax.
- Solid experience of training in all areas of accounting, including management and accounting for accounts receivable, accounts payable, maintenance of a general ledger, credit, collections, and inventory.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining internal controls, processing payroll, budgeting, costing, and financial statements preparation and analysis.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality.
- Diligent and accurate.
- Must be a strategic thinker
- Proven ability of working under pressure.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Board Executive Support Manager & Management Accountant jobs