Lagoon Hospitals’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Biomedical Engineer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 28, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Reports to: Head of Operations
Summary of Responsibilities
- Perform operational and safety testing on all clinical equipment as well as assist other clinicals and staff on the proper usage and preventive maintenance of biomedical equipment across Lagoon Hospitals
- Create schedules, tracking inventory, creating and using budget whilst overseeing contract obligations and deadlines
- Installs, test, calibrate, repair and provide technical support for biomedical equipment whilst keeping documentation of maintenance history across facilities
- Ensure regular availability of Oxygen gas across Lagoon Hospitals
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of biomedical equipment and maintaining a database
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation, demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in the use and care of equipment
- Train team members and end users across facilities on the proper use of equipment and maintenance against safety operations
- Maintains medical / surgical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunction equipment
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to complaints against seamless operations.
- Installs new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to safety measures and making modifications where necessary
- Liaise with all service providers in evaluating service contracts, servicing equipment, and maintaining inventories
- Improves equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with, manufacturers.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt before sending to Head of Operations for approval
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; analyze new medical procedures to predict likely outcomes
- Advise Medical Directors on the planning, acquisition and use of medical equipment to maximize the life span
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests, recommending and complying with procedures, training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel whilst complying with codes
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals:
- Complete and accurate records and reports as required by management
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma in Biomedical Engineering
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a related role.
- I-CARE attitude (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy).
- Attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle stress and crisis situations.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
*Biomedical Engineer jobs in Nigeria
*Engineering / Technical jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Engineering / Technical jobs in Nigeria