Save The Children’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Award Management Officer jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : September 28, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job ID: 2100016H
Type of contract: Permanent
Reports to: Awards Manager, Partnership
- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The purpose of this post is to support the Award Management team in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position involves supporting award information management and compliance with systems and processes.
- Under the direction of an Award Manager/Coordinator, the Awards Officer will be responsible for supporting the team to adhere to all award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
- This role will work closely with Program Implementation/Program Operations on partnership management, proposals, financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis and compliance processes.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Areas of Accountability
Developing self and others:
- Work with other team members to support team activities
- Build relationships with members of other teams i.e. finance and operations
- Involvement in capacity building to build skills in Award management
Communicating with impact, negotiation and coordination:
- Input into high quality Û÷donor readyÛª reports as designated by the Award Coordinator
- Communication with budget holders, program staff and partners to obtain inputs into key processes and up to date budget figures
Compliance (systems, processes, donor):
- Learn and follow SCI processes and relevant donor requirements
- Understanding of the AMS system, maintaining and driving data quality
- Ability to use AMS reporting to monitor awards and plan for key processes i.e. donor reporting
- Assist the team to understand donor compliance requirements relating to award management including budgeting and reporting, and ensure deadlines are met
- Basic understanding of donor compliance and development of compliance checklists if needed
Monitoring and Analysis:
- Process lead for development of initial budgets for simple/low risk proposals including liaising with program teams and finance to ensure this has been fully costed
- Financial analysis skills to perform award monitoring processes and identify any issues for further analysis
- Ensure donor and partner budget lines in AMS are as needed for donor reporting requirements
Portfolio Management and Strategy:
- Run reports from AMS to support the AM team with monitoring of the Award Portfolio
- Perform monitoring and analysis activities when required and work with Coordinator and Manager to resolve any issues identified
- Problem solving skills to address and work through issues when they arise.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- University Degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance and/or experience working in a related role
- Professional qualification in Business, International Development, Finance/Accounting or similar
Experience and Skills:
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub-agreements with knowledge of major fundersÛª guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor-funded projects with International NGOÛªs particularly those addressing human/childrenÛªs rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Strong analytical skills, computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work well with a team and establish relationships with other teams/offices
- Cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Experience working with implementing partners and managing sub awards/grants
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
*Award Management Officer jobs in Nigeria
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Nigeria