Shell Petroleum Development Company’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Aviation Safety Advisor jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : January 24, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Ref No: R46370
Locations: Port Harcourt – Rivers and Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- WeÛªre seeking someone whoÛªs an expert in aviation and air operations. HereÛªs a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where You Fit In
- The Aviation Safety Advisor role will report to the Head of Aviation Services. Air operations in Nigeria are widely dispersed between airports (Ikeja, Forcados, Port Harcourt NAF Base & Osubi), Heliports (Port Harcourt IA & Warri IA) and up to 30 additional onshore heliports and offshore helidecks (some with integrated aviation fuel storage and dispensing facilities).
- The aviation department provides scheduled and ad-hoc helicopter support to many (Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN) departments, manages a Short Take-Off & Landing FW service for staff. The department also provides safety oversight for the use of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) within SEPCiN. The Aviation Safety Advisor provides a technical overview of the Shell approved airlines for business travel in country and regionally.
What’s The Role?
- As an Aviation Safety Advisor, you need to ensure the safety of SEPCiN air operations by monitoring the safety standards of aviation on a domestic and regional basis.
- It includes the helicopter services contract, fixed-wing contract, helicopter & fixed-wing types, Air Transport facilities and the theatre of operations and additionally includes airline operations.
Your Further Accountabilities Will include:
- Liaise closely with Shell Aircraft to address any concerns about operational and safety performance.
- Work with Head of Aviation, ensuring SEPCiN operated airports and heliports, onshore heliports and helidecks comply with Health, Security, Safety, Environment and Social Performance (HSSE & SP) Control Framework (including the Air Transport Manual, Shell Group Requirements for Aircraft Operations (SGRAO) Facility Requirements (FACs)), CAP 437 and ICAO Annex 14 for design, equipment, maintenance and operation (including Shell Aviation standards for Aviation Fuel facilities).
- Monitor and advise on SEPCiN Helipad Inspections / Helideck Landing Officer/Helicopter Deck Assistant (HLO/HDA) training so that onshore heliports/ helidecks are maintained and equipped in accordance with Group requirements, and so that HLO/HDA training and competence requirements comply with the latest SGRAO FACs.
- Engage with air operators, internal stakeholders, other oil companies, regulatory authorities, aircraft manufacturers, air traffic control agencies and Shell Aircraft to improve the safety of aviation in Nigeria.
- Ensure that all aviation-related incidents are fully investigated, lessons learned, and remedial measures implemented, in co-operation with SEPCiN HSE advisers.
- Present aviation safety related KPIs, incidents and safety developments to SEPCiN managers and JV partners as required.
- Maintain the aviation safety management system, associated safety cases and interface documents to ensure they are current, robust, fit for purpose, and fully compliant with Shell Group standards.
- Manage audit programmes relating to air contractors, airlines and Air Transport facilities and advise on close out of audit actions.
- Carry out safety reviews on air operators and service providers, as required.
- Monitor and advise on safety-related contracts shared with other oil companies, such as for Search and Rescue.
- Maintain comprehensive records of aviation audits, recommendations, incidents, findings, actions, and deviations, using Radar, Fountain and Sharepoint.
- Liaise with Shell Aircraft on safety, technical and audit matters.
- Assuring HSSE-MS compliance, including impartial, effective incident investigation and risk reduction in an extremely challenging safety environment.
- Ensuring that air operator complies with Shell Group safety and operational requirements.
- Developing effective contacts with National Aviation regulators to foster real safety improvements in Nigerian civil aviation.
- Obtaining the commitment of airport, onshore heliports, and helideck owners to improve their facilities to required standards.
- Liaising with National authorities, JV partners and Nigerian Content and Development (NCD) when required, to endorse an aviation contract strategy that is aligned with Group strategies, including aircraft replacement programmes, equipment, and facility upgrade.
What We Need From You?
WeÛªre keen to hear from individuals with at least 10 years of working experience as senior Aircraft Engineer (B1 or B2) or a commercial pilot with aviation operations background and preferably a BachelorÛªs Degree or equivalent. Alongside this, weÛªd hope to see many of the following on your CV:
- Recent experience as an International Oil Company (IOC) Aviation Adviser and auditor, commercial aircraft engineer or maintenance personnel, commercial pilot.
- Experience as either chief engineer, training captain, flight safety officer, management pilot and air accident investigator and Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) desirable.
- Experience as an Air Transport Facility Inspector/assessor with good knowledge of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annexes (6,12,13,14 &18), CAP 437 and Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Experience managing or inspecting Aviation Fuel facilities to Shell Aviation or Joint Inspection Group (JIG) standards.
- Experience in RPAS operations either as an assessor or a qualified pilot.
- Recent experience of air operations in Nigeria.
- Current or former holder of B1/B2 aircraft engineer licence, or Air Transport PilotÛªs Licence (helicopters and/or fixed wing) and Instrument Rating.
- Deep understanding of Shell (or other IOC) air safety management requirements.
- Deep understanding of aviation quality and safety management systems, the SGRAO (or similar) and international aviation requirements.
- High level of presentational, analytical and investigative skills.
- Confident leader with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competent in use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Radar, SAP and Fountain.
*Security / Safety jobs in Nigeria
*Security / Safety jobs in Lagos
*Aviation Safety Advisor in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online