Job title : Automation / Instrumentation Specialist
Job Location : Ogun
Deadline : December 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Objectives of the role
- To ensure always that instruments used in the monitoring of production processes gives an acceptable level of accuracy through focus inspections, tests, calibrations and removal from the production system defective measuring/ indicating instruments.
- Minimum qualification and experience
- B.Sc/HND or equivalent in Graduate in Electronic /instrumentation engineering from a reputed and recognized university/institution with at least 5 years of practical experience in industrial instrumentation/ automation maintenance preferably in the food processing / FMCG industry.
- Perform and/or oversee troubleshooting and maintenance necessary to keep observing instruments operating at their peak efficiency on a daily basis.
- Must be able to inspect, tests, detect abnormal fluctuations, adjust and repair instruments used for measuring and indicating pressure, temperature etc.
- Carry out in-house calibrations on instruments and in compliance with all statutory requirements by Weights and Measures.
- Must be able to test accuracy of measuring instruments, controllers and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system.
- Interface with the OEM for online and remote support and ensure the connectivity is always active.
- Initiate, own and assist with the resolution of RCAs (Root Cause Analyses) and completion of resulting actions.
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Keep supervisor informed on progress on assigned tasks, problems and concerns related to the instrumentation; provide status reports as required and accept priorities as assigned.
- Collaborate with plant technicians to create efficient, effective and unified work environment based on the principles of teamwork and mutual responsibility for shared objectives.
- Contribute to a safe work place by performing all tasks in accordance with the company laid down rules on safety.
- Duties may not only be limited as listed above in primary assignment and may also require providing mechanical/Electrical support as needed. ?
- Ensure awareness, understanding and application of QHSE policy on assigned jobs
- Ensure awareness, understanding and application departmental /process QHSE objectives;
- Ensure awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the QHSE Management
- Systems, including the benefits of improved performance including associated opportunities for improvement of the processes assigned;
- Ensure awareness of the implications of not conforming with the Company QHSE
- Management Systems requirements including associated risks for the process assigned
- Implement and comply with QHSE requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand and apply the intent of the QHSE policy to assigned jobs
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with the work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand roles and responsibilities and the importance of conformity with the QHSE requirements.
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified QHSE procedures or legal requirements
Knowledge & Experience:
- Calibration methods
- Siemens PLC’s
- Good food hygiene & quality know how
- Knowledge of GMP and Workplace Organization
- Knowledge of Troubleshooting
- Basic Knowledge of Machine Operations
- Basic Equipment Care
- Instrument calibration
- Analytical skills
- Automation system
- Effective communication skills.
- Multitasking skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management Skills
- Numerate Skills
- Physical and mental alertness
S/No KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS WEIGHT
- Safety 20%
- Reduce Waste 20%
- Quality Standard /Statutory regulations and calibration compliance 20%
- Greaatness of Factory premises 20%
- Measuring equipment Availability and reliability 20%
How to Apply for this Offer
Qualified and interested profiles to kindly share detailed CV with: Oluwasegun.Oke@perfettivanmelle.com Subject of email should be Automation / Instrumentation Specialist
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Automation / Instrumentation Specialist jobs