AA Mathew & Co. International’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Audit Trainee jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 25, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
- To become part of a growing Accountancy firm in Nigeria by building a business development model based on core accountancy, audit, tax skills and recruitment/HR acumen, aggressive marketing, and client portfolio development.
- The essence of this role is to contribute to the ongoing accountancy function and help start up the other divisions of the practice, to secure clients and drive revenue. To help in the spread of the gospel and outreach to souls in the Church arm.
Audit and Accountancy Duties
- To contribute time, effort, and hard work to the servicing of accountancy clients both local and international. To provide core professional services in Accountancy, cloud accounting, bookkeeping, audit, and taxation services.
- Engaging social media outlets such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Blogging websites to target likely accountancy prospects with the Company’s marketing appeal hereby building a viable accountancy/audit client base. [Experience in developing, building, and maintaining extensive social media communities would be an advantage]
- Gather Clients’ Paperwork consisting of Bank Statements, Invoices, and Receipts and analyze the data into Bank, Cash, Credit Card, and Payroll Schedules to produce a Trial Balance, final Accounts, and tax computations using Tax Filer Software.
- Bookkeeping on QuickBooks and Excel Spreadsheets
- Bank Reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Use of Microsoft Excel worksheets
- Analysis of Financial data
- Help prepare financial information and ensure the accuracy of financial data
- Check financial records for accuracy, ensuring activities are carried out following agreed procedures.
- Preparation of information and reports for internal and external use
- Assistance with substantive audit testing and other audit work as instructed by more senior colleagues. Able to work independently after receiving instruction.
- Able to communicate the purpose of specific audit testing with clients.
- Preparation of basic corporation tax returns and associated schedules
- Regular contact with clients/members by telephone and in-person
- Field Evangelism requires going out on Fridays to preach the gospel in the community.
Experience and Skills
- Graduate in Accounting or any discipline (2:1)
- 1-2 years experience in an Accountancy Practice role, ideally working in a professional services firm.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office packages particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks is an advantage.
- Must be running a professional certification such as ACCA, ICAN, and Others.
- An ability to maintain and develop professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- An ability to manage a pressurized, busy, and varied workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress and solve problems.
- Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information.
N75,000 – N85,000 / month.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online