1 week ago
Job title : Associate/Senior Associate, Internal Audit
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 24, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The role will support the ongoing operation of the firm’s enhanced System of Quality Management (SoQM) in line with our quality requirements and support the effective performance of internal audit activities of the firm. The role is multifaceted and requires a self-motivated, resourceful individual with an eye for details, good research skills, and excellent collaboration and communications skills.
- Assist with the performance of the annual risk assessment process under ISQM1 for the firm.
- Assist with the design, implementation and remediation of SoQM controls and preparation of SoQM documentation, ensuring consistent quality.
- Support the maintenance and quality of SoQM-related documentation.
- Assist with the operation of the firm’s risk control tool to ensure appropriate control execution by the business.
- Assist with ongoing monitoring activities through related compliance testing and reporting of exceptions, remediation plans and conclusions.
- Participate in managing interactions and communications with the Global SoQM team and EMA SoQM team.
- Support in compiling periodic SoQM status reports to the SoQM Lead.
- Participate in the performance of audits in line with testing plans/ checklist.
- Support the evaluation of internal controls over assigned areas of audit and in line with global compliance review programs, to ensure compliance with the firm’s policies and identify any non-compliance for reporting.
- Participate in effectiveness review and compliance assessment projects on AML/CFT in line with global and local requirements.
- Participate in the firm’s independence compliance audits and compliance confirmation programs.
- Support with the development, improvement and implementation of the firm’s risk management policies, processes and procedures.
- Investigate and perform root cause analysis on risk exceptions.
- Assist in developing remediation plans for ineffective controls.
- Assist in developing and presenting reports to the firm leadership regarding results and suggested improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline.
- Professional accounting certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in external audit, internal audit, internal control, compliance or risk management related roles.
- Knowledge of International System of Quality Management (ISQM1) will be an added advantage/ preferable but not essential.
- Good research skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Associate/Senior Associate, Internal Audit jobs