Job title : Associate Director, Technical Finance
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 03, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
As Associate Director, Technical Finance, you will oversee and manage routine activities and projects initiated by the technology department and evaluation of new business cases for OPEX/CAPEX control & optimization.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluation of ongoing projects and their performance
- Contribute to the development of IHS’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization
- Develop and implement comprehensive goals for performance and growth strategies:
- Reporting and variance analysis
- Monthly CAPEX & OPEX reporting, reviews and reconciliation
- Month end reports to finance, group and other stakeholders as required
- Inventory reconciliations
- Key suppliers’ reconciliations
- Review and endorse requests for PR and PO creation CAPEX
- Monitoring right project codes and dimensions for all CAPEX transactions
- Follow-ups with other units and departments for timely issuance of PRs/POs
- CAPEX spends planning, execution, monitoring & control
- OPEX spends planning, escalation, reporting, monitoring & control
- Supporting CTO and other Technology units to develop their business cases
- Budget and Forecasts compilation in collaboration with Tech Units and FPA
- Regular monitoring of Budget/FCTs vs Actual Spend
- Month end close and reporting of Projects
- Contribute to regular suppliers’ reconciliation for CAPEX & OPEX
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
- Manage relationships with partners/suppliers.
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by Director, Technical Finance
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Preparation of various business plans and proposals for changes in CAPEX
- Reviewing long term CAPEX contracts
- Thoroughly understand and communicate requirements to appropriate team members, and manage all requirements accordingly to each stakeholder
- Ensure team members have the needed tools and provide timely feedback.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Ensure all teams are practicing the principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Partnering
- Financial Accounting
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- Use of MS Office Tools (advanced)
- Use of ERP
- Negotiation& Contracting
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Relationship Building
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related disciplines.
- ACCA/ACA professional certification would be advantageous
- +10 years’ relevant experience in a Finance Management, Business Operations, Management Reporting. or Financial Planning & Analysis with at least most recent 5 years in senior management/ leadership within the Telecoms sector.
- Strong Experience in Excel, Power Point and ERP
- In depth knowledge of financial concepts of IRR, NPVs, DCF, WACC, Macro Economic indicators etc.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Associate Director, Technical Finance jobs