Job title : Assistant Technical Officer, Water & Sanitation Hygiene
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : October 19, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The ATO WASH – Officer will provide technical and programmatic support in one of the three field sites.
- Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the ATO WASH- Officer will implement water supply, sanitation, environmental health and hygiene promotion activities in IDP Camps and Host communities.
- Other responsibilities will include conducting water quality testing for all water points rehabilitated under the program and working with Community Volunteers and latrine users to develop cleaning and maintenance schedules for latrines as well as disseminating hygiene promotion messaging.
- The role will include coordination with WASH partners at the field level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implement WASH activities according to the proposal, as well as proper maintenance and use of WASH equipment.
- Develop and use appropriate materials for hygiene promotion messaging and training of community-based hygiene promotion volunteers.
- Timely reporting on program activities (internal and external reports.)
- Representing FHI 360 externally in both the Humanitarian Community and with Government/LGAs officials as well as developing strong links with WASH and NGO actors. Actively participate in WASH meetings and other Government/UN forums at LGA level.
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of all the WASH activities in the IDP camps and community in the LGAs.
- Ensure that WASH activities are delivered as a comprehensive package at the field level.
- Conduct water quality surveillance/testing programme according to location specific water safety plans.
- Monitor WASH NFIs supply chain and stock levels in collaboration with warehouse/stores and logistics and coordinate the distribution of NFIs based on needs.
- Monitor service delivery across all WASH subsectors throughout the IDP camps in the LGA.
- Ensure appropriate and safe collection, transport, treatment and disposal of all liquid and solid wastes in the IDP camps.
- Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly plans and reports on general Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion activities .
- This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this post and the post-holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as requested including supporting other sectors with WASH expertise.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of WASH and humanitarian programming in emergency situations.
- Technical expertise especially in regard to water supply, sanitation, environmental health and hygiene promotion
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, vendors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communication.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc./B.Eng. in Civil Engineering, Water Resource Management, WASH related degree/qualification with at least 1-3 years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding of WASH activities in humanitarian relief settings.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Northern Nigeria WASH context and locations
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Assistant Technical Officer, Water & Sanitation Hygiene jobs