Job title : Assistant Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : November 06, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Assistant Technical Officer-M&E will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site. Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Technical Officer-M&E in correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete and timely reporting;
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to field sites, including collecting data on program activities;
- Bring to the knowledge of the Technical Officer questions that need to be solved such as inconsistencies or missing data by the originators of the source data;
- Maintain good quality data, including periodically implementing data quality assessments (DQAs) using approved tools;
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports and provide supportive supervision;
- Support implementation of the project’s accountability strategy, including Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms;
- Provide oversight, supervision and capacity development for M&E Data clerks;
- Remain abreast on current M&E developments as well as emerging issues in the area of intervention.
- Conduct him/herself professionally respecting organization policies and procedures, code of conduct and ethics, and project reporting and communication channels.
- Maintain proper documentation of M&E records ensuring safe storage for easy retrieval;
- Work with technical support teams to collect appropriate baseline and endline data;
- Maintain M&E assets as needed.
- Responsible for data entry of program data;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues related to the communities.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa languages. Understanding of Kanuri language is an added advantage.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc / BA in Statistics, Public health, Development studies, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with at least 1-3 years’ post NYSC relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Northern Nigeria M&E context and locations
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Research / Data Analysis jobs
- Assistant Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation jobs