Options Consultancy Services Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Assistant Director, Strategic Communications and Marketing
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : September 25, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Main Purpose of Job
- Reporting to the Director of Business Growth, the Assistant Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing will be accountable for corporate communications and marketing.
- The postholder will lead the development, implementation and delivery of Options’ communications and marketing strategy – elevating corporate profile and visibility of the impact of our work.
- The role will maintain oversight of the corporatebrand, marketing and public relations, publications production, and internal communications.
- The role will work closely with the communications, new business, technical and programme teams, liaising with the senior management team, to support the implementation of Options’ Business Strategy, with specific focus on increasing the visibility, voice and influence of the organisation, diversifying our client base, and expanding into new markets. Some international travel may be required.
Leadership, strategy and management:
- Design, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive, proactive strategic communications and marketing strategy which supports the overall strategic aims of the organisation.
- Maintain awareness of trends in international development, global health, communication, and marketing to ensure that Options creates relevant, influential, content and communicates it through the most appropriate channels.
- Ensure Options staff and programme teams utilise best practice approaches in all their work, including Lead, develop, motivate, manage, and coach a high-performing communications team (including liaison with external designers/agencies, writers/editors, printers, and wider community of practice) to meet strategic goals and business objectives.
- Ensure team members are operating with clear objectives, are well supported, and working fluently with other members of the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Develop annual communications plans with clear objectives and key performance indicators.
- Ensure regular review of analytics and evaluation of communications efforts to assess the impact of specific activities in achieving targeted objectives.
Engagement, transformation, and brand:
- Showcase Options’ thought leadership and impact, building brand awareness and increasing our influence on the sector.
- Ensure communications plans and activities deliver messages which ensure Options is well placed
- to win work in all priority markets, including USAID, new clients and technical areas.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of training and information sessions for Options staff to increase their engagement and communication skills and capabilities to external and internal audiences.
- Contribute to the establishment and nurturing of collaborative relationships with consultants, partners
- and international development organisations to build strong partnerships for collaboration on new business, including representation of Options at external meetings and forums.
- Oversee the implementation and roll out of a consistent corporate brand messaging to staff to ensure understanding and consistent use of brand messaging that is reflected across all serviceofferings and programmes.
- Support the New Business and Partnerships team to analyse new opportunities for their communications and learning components and to design new programmes that meet client requirements in this area.
- Support Options’ programmes with their communications messaging and strategies, consistent with client branding and marketing requirements.
Publications and digital engagement:
- Oversee the development of a coherent and planned approach to develop, produce and promote Options’ reports and other publications, including opinion-pieces and peer-reviewed publications, to communicate impact and share lessons.
- Oversee the communications team in liaising with suppliers (e.g. graphic designers, photographers) to commission content for online and printed materials.
- Review and sign off publications.
- Drive the growth of targeted engagement with relevant audiences and the maintenance of comprehensive and GDPR compliant distribution lists.
- Work with the communications team to spearhead the development and maintenance of Options’ digital presence, including the redevelopment of the Options website, blogs, newsletter, social mediaand SharePoint.
Events, Media and PR:
- Produce priority content, including speeches, blogs and press releases.
- Establish robust approaches to strengthen representation of Options at external meetings and forums.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of Options corporate events.
- Oversee the development of a diary of events, briefing team members in advance.
- Serve as chief media strategist and company spokesperson with the media. Responsible for identifying and building relationships with wider community of practice (editors, reporters, producers, and bloggers) to increase visibility of Options’ profile and coverage.
- Promote continuous learning and knowledge sharing across Options, driving innovation in the areas of responsibility, making connections with workstreams across the wider organisation, identifyingopportunities for collaboration, sharing of resources, leveraging relationships, and developing staff knowledge and capacity.
- Along with the rest of the team, seek ways to improve communications and marketing systems and processes to enhance the team’s efficiency and knowledge management.
- Education to degree level
- Equivalent experience, in a related/relevant subject
- Relevant qualification, preferably in Communications, Journalism, International Relations or Development related field
- Demonstrated leadership in communications, marketing, and/or public relations
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the design and execution of corporate communications strategies, campaigns and projects
- Experience leading digital transformation projects
- Experience in journalism or PR the ability to recognise and communicate newsworthy stories relevant to stakeholders
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Experience building successful relationships with clients, collaborators and consultants
- Experience in business development, resource mobilisation or programme management in international development
- Experience in the strategic use of social media and online content platforms
- Experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
- Experience of writing, editing and producing written communications for targeted audiences
Skills and Attributes:
- Business development mindset where communications directly contribute to business objectives
- Commercially focused and able to demonstrate return on investment
- Knowledge of key communication narratives across the global health and development sector and strategic communication approaches
- Knowledge of International development and global health
- Ability to manage a varied workload calmly and independently
- Excellent proven oral and written communication skills, and an ability to think creatively
- Ability to build positive relationships and work effectively with colleagues and key internal /external stakeholders to achieve goals
- Ability to collaborate and work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate complex information clearly for both lay and professional audiences
- Knowledge and experience of managing digital content management systems
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- A commitment to the Options’ principles of Safeguarding, Do No Harm and to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Applicants must have the right to live and to work in the UK, Kenya or Nigeria
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online