- Address: N/A
About Ascentech Services Limited’s Job offer
Job title : Network Security Engineer
Quick Recommended Links
Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading FMCG group of companies with head office in Lagos, is currently hiring a Network Security Engineer, who will responsible for the provisioning, deployment, configuration, and administration of different pieces of network and security-related hardware and software – including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, and virtual private networks.
Job Type: 6 months contract
Industry / Sector: Manufacturing / Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems of Cisco (Firepower9300, ASA5585X, NGIPS) & Huawei (SIG), Infoblox (DNS).
- Hands-on experience in installation, implementation and end-to-end configuration of Cisco firewalls and IPS systems.
- Verifying the running network security policies and work to improve it.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network security related problems remotely and on-site.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement or incident.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Responsible to fix Sev 1/Sev 2 issues, execute Complex changes and upgrade, migration, integration activities
- Design SOPs and Run Books for support team, escalation support for Safeway support team
- Assist in creation of Cisco Security designs for high productivity
- Provide Cisco Security engineering support to business projects
- Maps network landscape, identify security problems (including misconfigurations) and provide solutions
- Supports other team members efforts requiring deep understanding of IDS/IPS, routing, firewalls, network architecture, etc. o. Enterprise IDS/IPS experience particularly with Tipping Point, create policies, log and data analysis, configurations, tests as needed to support the environment
- Leads cost-effective short-and long-term efforts to dramatically improve visibility of network threats, vulnerabilities and risk q. Provide solution for complex and multivendor infrastructure
- Keeping abreast of industry trends, technology innovation, and changing customer requirements to help with the continual service improvement process
- Evaluate and recommend specific products and platforms to provide cost effective solutions that meet architectural requirements.
- Communicate technical concepts effectively to the business stakeholders
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified applicants should send resumes to [email protected] stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
PS: Candidates are to note that the position is a contract one – subject to being made permanent if there is a need after the initial 6 months period – upon satisfactory performance on the job.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.