About Alfred & Victoria Associates’s Job offer
Job title : Gas Generator Operator
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 29, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- Gas plant operators help to supervise and control the storage and distribution of natural gas. Common duties of gas plant operators include monitoring equipment; observing temperature, pressure, level, and flow gauges; controlling compressor, evaporator, scrubber, and refrigeration equipment; cleaning, maintaining, and repairing equipment; recording data; and other duties as assigned. A key duty of gas plant operators is to ensure the safety of equipment and personnel on-site.
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, and/or transfer of gas to maintain processes at required levels or to correct problems.
- Calculate gas ratios to detect deviations from specifications, using testing apparatus
- Control equipment to regulate flow and pressure of gas to feedlines of boilers, furnaces, and related steam-generating or heating equipment.
- Control fractioning columns, compressors, purifying towers, heat exchangers, and related equipment in order to extract nitrogen and oxygen from air.
- Control operation of compressors, scrubbers, evaporators, and refrigeration equipment in order to liquefy, compress, or regasify natural gas.
- Determine causes of abnormal pressure variances, and make corrective recommendations, such as installation of pipes to relieve overloading.
- Distribute or process gas for utility companies or industrial plants, using panel boards, control boards, and semi-automatic equipment.
- Start and shut down plant equipment.
- Test gas, chemicals, and air during processing to assess factors such as purity and moisture content, and to detect quality problems or gas or chemical leaks.
- Change charts in recording meters.
- Contact maintenance crews when necessary
- Monitor transportation and storage of flammable and other potentially dangerous products to ensure that safety guidelines are followed.
- Read log sheets to determine product demand and disposition, or to detect malfunctions.
- Record, review, and compile operations records, test results, and gauge readings such as temperatures, pressures, concentrations, and flows.
- Academic Qualification: B.Eng./HND-. Electrical
- Work Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in Gas Engine/Generator.
- Operation monitoring.
- Complex problem-solving.
- Judgment and decision making.
- Quality control analysis.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.
How to Apply for this Offer
Note: Any application received after the deadline will be automatically rejected.