Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Agribusiness Manager jobs in Delta
Job Location : Delta
Deadline : November 29, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job ID: 479
Career Level: Manager
Reporting to: Agribusiness Director
Project: USAID Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity
Travel: Up to 25%
- Reporting to the Agribusiness Director, the Delta State Agribusiness Manager will work with agricultural enterprises of all sizes along the rice, maize, soy, fish and cowpea value chains.
- Based at the Delta State level, the Agribusiness Manager will become familiar with the agribusiness sector; develop an effective and participatory network of agribusiness stakeholders, including public and private sector value chain participants; conduct needs assessments; report on policy constraints; and identify opportunities for the project to facilitate agribusiness finance and investment transactions.
- The Agribusiness Manager will work directly at the State level with established agribusinesses (Û÷Lead FirmsÛ) in the target value chains, in addition to their key suppliers, distributors, service providers, MSMEs, smallholder farmers, and other service providers within their value chains.
- Serving as the ProjectÛªs main lead generation engine, the Agribusiness Manager will help identify:
- The most critical legal and/or regulatory burdens constraining the partner firmsÛª growth and competitiveness,
- Valid and justified access to finance requirements of the Lead Firms and their value chain partners (e.g. smallholder farmers, farmer associations, inputs dealers, aggregators, transport and storage firms), and
- Potential agribusiness investment opportunities.
- The Agribusiness Manager will also communicate and coordinate with the other State based Agribusiness Managers as well as with the 3 Component Leaders, M&E Director, and Strategic Communications team.
- The five-year USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity, implemented by CNFA as part of the United States GovernmentÛªs Feed the Future Initiative, strengthens the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture.
- To achieve this goal, the activity focuses on four interrelated components:
- Improving the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector;
- Broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses;
- Promoting investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations, and
- Sustainably enhancing the performance of agribusiness micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSMEs). In line with the U.S. and Nigerian GovernmentÛªs commitment to growing the non-oil based economy, these efforts will increase the quality, quantity, market access, and diversification of NigeriaÛªs agribusiness sector.
- Beginning in December 2018 and closing in 2023, this $15.6 million project aims to integrate thousands of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and producer organizations as high-performing commercial actors in the value chains for rice, maize, soy, aquaculture, and cowpeas.
- As a result of streamlined regulations, more effective policies, improved production and processing practices, and significantly increased finance and investment flows, the project will increase the competitiveness and returns of both large and small sale agricultural enterprises.
- Employing a value chain approach, the Agribusiness Investment Activity aims to facilitate $100 million in new investment and $200 million in finance across the 5 crops in 7 designated States: Kaduna, Niger, Kebbi, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, and Cross River.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the Delta State Agribusiness Manager are:
- Represent the project at the Delta State level.
- Advise the Agribusiness Director and Component Leads on state-specific challenges related to the challenges and opportunities for improvements in the business enabling environment, access to agribusiness finance, and opportunities for agribusiness investment.
- Serve as the primary lead generator for investment and financial transactions in the respective Delta State.
- Organize forums and meetings, including but not limited to project launches, policy reform focus groups, and agribusiness lending stakeholder roundtables, with Nigerian government officials, business associations, business development service providers, investors, financial institutions, and SMEÛªs at the State level.
- Ensure stakeholders and beneficiaries are aware of and interested in collaborating with the project, resulting in the projectÛªs ability to capitalize on any shared efficiencies.
- Meet with agribusinesses to develop a strong understanding of the legal, regulatory, and other barriers constraining agribusiness finance and investment in each value chain, and in association with the Enabling Environment Unit, actively contribute to the development of a clear and coherent vision for the reduction of these barriers.
- Closely coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to collect and utilize data to adaptively manage the effort and report on project achievements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or another related field
- At least (5) years of relevant, progressively responsible experience is required;
- Experience in agricultural finance and in working with MSMEs, financial institutions, and investors;
- Proven track record in developing, analyzing, and implementing projects focused on agribusinesses, agricultural finance, and agricultural value chains;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating private-sector investments and familiarity with the workings of government legal and regulatory frameworks at the State level;
- Experience in overseeing and working with short-term domestic and international specialists;
- Able to maintain a rigorous focus on project deliverables, indicators and results, including being able to engage stakeholders to capitalize on any shared efficiencies;
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation or MEL processes; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (knowledge of local languages is an advantage).
*Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs in Nigeria
*Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs in Delta
*Agribusiness Manager in Delta
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online