Job title : Agri-Business Specialist
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 16, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Provision of overall technical expertise and management of all agricultural-related activities
- Creation and development of a sound loan portfolio in the field of agriculture (and other agri-related activities)
- Monitor and review the performance (sales/client satisfaction) and service delivery (quality/control) of agricultural products and support the provision of intervention actions to improve product performance.
Project management and product development:
- Develop Agri-portfolio through the launch of agri loan products for various value chains:
- Conduct market and feasibility studies, define sectoral sheets and develop rationales to be reviewed and approved by the Steering Committee in order to facilitate decision making for value chain selection
- Identify the risks related to the selected crop/livestock
- Validate the agri financing scheme (individual/value chain)
- Assess inter-project dependencies and gauge the financial impact and risk of the project
- Adapt Advans Nigeria and Advans group methodology to agri financing
- Design the product and delivery process (from selection to disbursement)
- Define product features and parameters for configuration into the MIS
- Lead efforts in developing work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports
- Planning for contingencies and report project baseline variances
- Prepare the pilot, including KPI definition
- Evaluate the pilot through conducting client and staff satisfaction surveys and reviewing of pilot KPI and adapt processes, tools and the organisation depending on the results of pilot
- Establish an action plan for agri portfolio growth and roll out
- Roll out the new agri product
Agri portfolio development follow-up and forecasting:
- Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation and update of scope documents, risk assessments and budgets
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues. Facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation
- Identify opportunities for partnerships
- Coordinate the project with main value-chain stakeholders as key point of contact
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to team members
- Develop a clear and adaptive training work plan based on the seasonal calendar, project deadlines and targets, etc.
- Document field achievements, innovations, failures, and lessons learned to integrate into project activities and inform project strategy.
- Support the development of project reports on agriculture activities, as needed.
- Conduct site visits when needed to observe trainings, monitor adoption of practices, and collect data from farmers.
- Assess the growth potential of agri activities, in terms of new clients, number of loans and amount of loans.
- Pay close attention to existing farmers and to their potential needs for new products and services;
- Keep an eye on agri activities, the main actors, news and events that may have an impact on Advans and its clients, especially concerning issues related to risks. Report any important change to the adequate departments (for instance, in case of an epidemic).
Team management and Production:
- Prospection: introduce Advans services to the various farmers’ organizations.
- Financial analysis: analyze clients’ financial statements and risks, check clients’ solvency, investigate applications and submit your conclusions to the loan appraisal
- Loan decision: participation to agri loan committees if relevant
- Loan disbursement: make sure agri loans are disbursed according to the objectives set in terms of productivity and quality
- Client monitoring: supervise field monitoring of the evolution of clients’ activities and how they use their loan in order to refine the analysis of activity-related risks
- Client relationship: managing the end to end farmer engagement season-to-season and providing agronomic support and advice to farmers on crop production, pre- and post-harvest management.
Challenges of the Job:
- Monitoring/Following on projects and partners
- Propose innovative ideas in order to improve the performance in line with the institution’s mission and strategy.
- Keep regular contact with farmers, as well as third party partners in order to stay in touch with the reality of the field and propose adequate and relevant solutions.
- Ensure the effective implementation of actions validated by top management.
- Prepare timely reports as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Candidates should possess relevant First Degree or HND certificate
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant post-NYSC work experience out of which 3 year or more should be in agri-business
- Project management and Credit knowledge will be an advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail and your cover letter as body of email.
- Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs
- Agri-Business Specialist jobs