Lagos Business School’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Advancement Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 30, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of Position
The primary accountability of this position is to implement fundraising strategies to raise funds from individuals, the private, and voluntary/non-profit sectors.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- To obtain raw contact details data from School and events, e.g., Alumni events, breakfast club, seminars, etc
- Attend School events to obtain donations to LBS from attendees
- Segment and document the raw contact details obtained.
- Research (through the internet, Alumni, and MBA) documented contact details and built prospective donors’ profiles (i.e., ïknow your customer initiative).
- Create a prospective donor list and submit the list for approval.
- Create and obtain approval of call/visit script for contacting prospective donors.
- To make and receive courteous calls and visit prospective donors from the created and approved prospective donors list to obtain support (donations) for LBS (using approved call/visit scripts).
- Document all call/visit/event information (The name, Phone number, feedback) in a call/visit/event report in the format prescribed.
- Follow up on the feedback from the call/visit/event report to the point where LBS receives the intended support or donation from the donor/prospect.
- Execute process flow steps from receipt of donation to conclusion
- Submit a daily progress report (in the format: prescribed) giving details of follow-up on feedback received and stating actions planned/recommended and delivery dates.
- To meet/achieve Call center Target/Budget/Deliverables and other departmental objectives.
- Respond to prospective donors’ complaints and inquiries.
- Provide prospective donors and donors with reliable information.
- Initiate, maintain and regularly update the accuracy of prospective donors and donor information on the database.
- Document all department account transactions using the process flow schedule.
- Use approved scripts from the approved scripts folder for the email, thank you letters, solicitation, sponsorship, etc.
- Report, record, and file all departmental documents and events.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely preparedness (meeting deadlines)
- Success of critical School development & fundraising events
- Number of Corporate entities that partner with the School.
- Number of development activities going on in the School.
- Initiatives introduced to enhance School development & fundraising activities.
- Feedback from internal & external customers
- Minimum of First Degree or its equivalent in any field.
- Minimum of five years experience working in a corporate and profit-oriented organization, e.g., banks.
Competencies Required for the Role
- Data gathering
- Networking skills
- Result Oriented
- Attention to details
- Meeting Management
- Customer service
- Planning & organizational skills
- General management/ administrative skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Fundraising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship Management
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- LBS is an equal opportunity employer.