Job title : Administration Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 03, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure that all spaces are in good condition, cleaned and that the basic security standards put in place by SCI for its premises are abided by.
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment rented by SCI are used in compliance with the agreement between the owner and SCI, in compliance with security and safety standards.
- Ensure offices, guesthouse and residences have all minimum required material for emergencies such as emergency signs indicators, maintained extinguishers, smoke detectors, alerts, etc.
- Managing relations with utility agencies providing electricity, water, air-conditioning maintenance services. Assessing the quality of services and sharing analysis with the Administration Manager.
- Ensure that all related bills are paid on time and that all related contracts are renewed on time.
- Ensure that the offices and guest house are well maintained. When repair is needed, initiate the repair requests, once the service provider is chosen, manage the whole process up to the final payment of the invoice.
- Ensure that the offices and guest house are well maintained (ambience, aesthetics, branding and outlook) when repair is needed, initiate the repair requests, once the service provider is chosen, manage the whole process up to the final payment of the invoice.
- Support availability and suitability of options for new premises (i.e office and homes for international staff), initiate the request, when the choice is done, ensure all required approval in compliance with SCI policy are in files, drafting the contract using the approved template. Once the contract is signed by both parties, managing the relations with the landlord.
- Liaise with relevant Admin staff to facilitate compliance with Government of Nigeria Immigration requirements for SCI/Nigeria International staff and families.
Event Management (Trainings/ Workshops/ Corporate Events):
- Ensure that meetings, workshops, and conferences are effectively managed.
- Work closely with requesting departments and external contacts (service providers) to coordinate events.
- Oversee the management for all travel, business visas and accommodation for visitors, consultants, and staff on official assignment. Ensure that all travels are on schedule and cost effective.
- Support with consular services (processing of visa(s), visa on arrival (VOA), STR, CERPAC, Introduction letters, Invitation letters etc.).
- Support with coordination of all logistics arrangements (airport transfers, hotel reservations, for all SCI local/international staff and partners.
- Support with the coordination and procurement of local tickets for SCI Staff and partners.
- Manage framework agreements of ALL service contractors after prequalification.
- Manage contractual agreement of all offices (state and field offices) in SCI’s network.
Third party/Vendors’ Payments:
- Ensure prompt processing/submission of all third-party vendor payment to the Finance repository for processing and manage the process for swift payment. (Travel agencies, hotels, facility management, janitorial and all ancillary services etc.)
- Filing systems: Develop and maintain efficient filing and archiving systems in Windows and Outlook, including address lists, and hard copy filing.
- Ensure that the office facility & cr?che are set up in compliance with SCI Safeguarding policy.
- Ensure that the vendors we engage and work with are fully aware of and maintain SCI Safeguarding policy standards by not employing minors (below 18 years) in their services.
- Ensure that SCI safeguarding visibility materials (awareness posters) are placed at strategic points around the facility.
The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to, or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, to assist the Support Services department by providing cover when other administrative staff are absent, on leave or as a result of an increased level of Country Office activities.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to programme teams based in Abuja as delegated by the line manager.
- Support other functional areas of Admin/HR in-country office and field offices.
- Assist in data gathering and Analysis.
- Manage costs and expenses posted to Admin’s petty cash purse.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
Internal: Administrative/HR Team, Cleaners, Office Assistants, and regular liaison with the country management teams in Abuja and Field offices
External: Contact with maintenance vendors and Government Agencies
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Education bachelor’s degree or HND in Administration/Finance/Social Sciences
- Member of a professional body is an advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of (5) five years’ relevant administrative experience, preferably with an international organization.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices.
- Must have proven experience in facility management.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact.
- Experience using analytical tools for data management is essential to this role.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software MS Excel skills will be prioritized.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Administration Officer jobs