Job title : Admin / Finance Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : November 24, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- This position will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donor’s rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the vulnerable.
- As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through the duties outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities
The finance officer, under the supervision of the National Finance Lead, will carry out the following:
- Provide operational oversight function on cash/bank transactions in the finance unit.
- Ensure accuracy of all data required for processing financial transactions to assigned accounts into the QuickBooks financial accounting package.
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and internal control.
- Follow up and review all project-related travel requests and liquidations in line with travel policy.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis for review by the Finance Lead timely.
- Monitor balances in account receivables and payables, prepare reports on material exceptions to policies or identify long outstanding ones for corrective actions
- Ensure that all statutory deductions such as Withholding Tax (WHT) are promptly remitted to the relevant statutory authority monthly
- Assist in conducting training on financial matters for the project team when necessary.
- Support the preparation of monthly and end-of-project financial reports
- Accomplish other tasks as requested by the Finance Lead.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc. or HND. in Public Administration, Human Resources,Accounting, Finance, or a related field is strongly preferred. A master’s level degree is an advantage.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of progressive financial management experience on development projects is required.
- Experience and knowledge of Global Fund regulations, policies, procedures, and familiarity with subgrants
- management is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis, and knowledge of the usage of Quick Book are preferred.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Admin / Finance Officer jobs