Job title : Adherence and Retention Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 28, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The Adherence & Retention officer will work with the clinic and case management team in ensuring maximum adherence and retention of all clients in care for the period of the project.
To support Diadem Consults Initiative Ltd/GTE. achieve the following:
- Support the integration of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment services (Pre & Post exposure prophylaxis services, ART) to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the One-Stop-Shop and through community ART teams and report performance indicators as appropriate.
- Develop and coordinate a standard format for client counselling towards achieving the primary goal of care and treatment (Viral suppression and retention in care).
- Work with clients to identify barriers to adherence and create an action plan towards eliminating such barriers.
- Provision of enhanced adherence counselling (EAC) to virally unsuppressed clients and real time follow up of such clients towards achieving viral suppression.
- Real time documentation of all adherence activities in the respective data capturing tools (DCT)
- Timely reporting of all activities carried out to your immediate supervisor as scheduled or as requested.
- Ensure support group activities are carried out in a timely manner with set goals and objectives.
- Provide psychosocial and continuous support as well as treatment preparation to clients in the health facility;
- Provide counselling services including risk reduction counselling, harm reduction counselling, post-GBV counselling, or contraceptive/family planning counselling as required
- Identify and address challenges/barriers to adherence
- Organize and facilitate support group sessions for HIV infected and affected clients including groups with special needs e.g. discordant couples, youth/adolescent and children of KPs
- Address aspects of behaviour change in relation to HIV and ART
- Support clients to voluntarily disclose their HIV status
- Participate in home visits as appropriate to execute plan of care for clients
- Ensure client records are well maintained and compile periodic reports as necessary
- Coordinates patient tracking activities supported by the community Case Managers/client trackers including documentation and reporting of defaulter tracking activities.
- Provide HTS services (pre-and post-test counselling, , HIV testing)
- Managing clients’ appointment system and maintaining client records including the electronic ART templates.
- In charge of the case management team.
- Doubles as Focal person for EAC and UNAIDS second 95 including all electronic and hard-copy documentations and reporting.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by the Clinician and/or State team lead.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degrees or HND with 1 – 2+ years relevant work experience
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (in Ms Word or PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and their Full Name as the subject of the email.
- Consultancy jobs
- Adherence and Retention Officer jobs