Job title : Addressing Sexual Violence Specialist
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : February 11, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- Under the direct supervision of the Sexual Violence Operations Manager, the Addressing Sexual Violence Specialist implements and leads activities related to the prevention and response of sexual violence, including the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and takes a lead role on various field level activities, e.g., coordinating individual responses to victims/survivors of sexual violence; supporting/coordinating community-level projects; documenting the humanitarian consequences of conflict/other situations of violence on the civilian population and allegations of violations of international humanitarian/human rights law, working with the Nigerian Red Cross Society, developing, and delivering training etc.
- Supports programmatic analysis and strategic thinking relevant to ICRC sexual violence prevention and response, including e.g., data compilation and analysis, and the design and implementation of activities.
- Participates in and may sometimes independently hold internal and external meetings about ICRC work on addressing sexual violence, including with communities, authorities, weapon bearers etc.
- Reports on relevant activities, such as field assignments, internal written reports, and periodic evaluation of the ICRC’s action on sexual violence.
- Works as a team member, including undertaking other tasks (e.g., administrative, logistical, finance-related) to support the team, acting as an interpreter for colleagues, advises team members regarding cultural and socio-economically relevant issues, and fosters a conducive environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Law, Human Rights, Gender Studies, or other relevant/similar qualification
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- 3-4 years of protection work or similar field
- Proven experience working directly with persons in situations of vulnerability
- Strong understanding of the survivor-centred approach
- Proven experience in data compilation and analysis, capacity building, reporting, and external representation
- Excellent spoken and written English and Hausa, Kanuri is an added advantage
- Applicants should have a Nigerian nationality or hold a working permit
Desired Profile and Skills:
- High computer literacy (soft & hard skills)
- Proven experience in managing projects/activities would be added advantage
- Experience within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement strongly desired
- Grade: B3
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Law / Legal jobs
- Addressing Sexual Violence Specialist jobs