Job title : ACT Expertise Lead
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : June 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
JOB MAIN PURPOSE
The ACT Expertise Lead supports the Africa Controller with other Africa-wide stewardship matters including Business Risk Assessment BRA’ exercise, reporting to the Africa Leadership Team ALT’, and ad hoc initiatives including training. Within the risk management context, the role may facilitate the country Leadership Teams in creating and updating Standard Operating Procedures SOPs’.
The role line manages two direct reports to achieve the ACT objectives.
The role leads the Africa Controllership Team to achieve the objectives/purpose of the team as set out above (and subject to change by agreement with the Africa Controller).
Within this remit, it is expected that the role will deliver the following:
Monitoring of Control Operation:
The role is fully responsible for designing and implementing the control monitoring activities and will delegate as they decide. Within this, the role will directly do the monitoring of:
- over 1/3 of the ACT activities to review countries’ Global Framework GFCF’ controls operation
- over 1/3 of the ACT activities to review countries’ GFCF documentation standards (through an online tool eGRC lite)
- over 1/4 of the ACT activities to review countries’ non-GFCF control operation and documentation
The ACT provides controls expertise and advice as needed across Africa and is also responsible for management and maintenance of the eGRC lite tool.
The role leads the independent testing of controls, based on the scope determined each year by the Unilever global central accounting and controls team (Group Chief Accountants Department GCAD’), in accordance with the Financial Controls Assessment FCA’ Unilever testing standards (derived from Sarbanes-Oxley section 404). This may include engaging and directing third parties to perform some controls testing.
Tracking issues and audit observations:
The role ensures all key stakeholders have regular/ongoing access to the status of stewardship issues and audit observations identified. This includes:
- Corporate Audit actions
- External Audit observations
- Africa Internal Audit actions
- FCA observations
The role ensures key stakeholders, including the National Finance Directors, are fully informed of the activities undertaken and findings observed. In effecting this responsibility, the role holder determines the optimal communication to be used but it is likely this will involved at a minimum a monthly summary report. This should be high quality and well written so that users can clearly understand and determine the consequences.
The ACT is responsible for pensions, payroll and insurance activities including accounting and reporting by the in-scope countries as well as directing external providers.
- ACT represents Finance at the Africa Financial Flexibility FinFlex’ discussions, which focus on tax and treasury related matters including risk management and dividend planning.
- ACT also lead the Local Table of Authorities process, ensuring it is updated regularly and communicated successfully.
- The role supports the Africa Controller with other Africa-wide stewardship matters including: Business Risk Assessment BRA’ exercise, reporting to the Africa Leadership Team ALT’, and ad hoc initiatives including training.
- All functions within Unilever Africa
- Africa Finance Controllers (currently West Africa only)
- Unilever ComEx
- External Auditors
- National Finance Directors (currently Nigeria, Ghana & CDI)
KEY SKILLS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- A Chartered Accountant and Member of a Professional Body (in-country Accounting Certifying body) with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role and FMCG environment.
- Qualified and experienced to perform Sox testing, audit, internal control, corporate governance, and financial reporting.
- Excellent Communication written and verbal.
- Strong leadership & Senior stakeholder management skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- ACT Expertise Lead jobs