1 week ago
Job title : Accounts Officer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Support the Head of Accounts in provision of full financial and management accounting services to the Management, especially, MD/CEO. Manage and safeguard the company’s finance and financial resources.
- Coordinate back office responsibilities as in a responsible and reliable manner
- Effective Coordination of the Accounts Department with the aim of ensuring seamless flow of operations and generate relevant and timely information for the decision making process of the company.
- Ensure adequate record keeping (efficient filing system), book keeping, and posting of transactions on a daily basis and maintenance of all relevant ledger accounts.
- Banking liaison functions including daily banking of all instruments received.
- Evaluate the performance of various types of banking relationships and make recommendations regarding the improvement of such relationships for effectiveness and efficiency of operations;
- Conduct a daily reconciliation of all accounts maintained with the third parties such as banks, brokers, insurance companies; A daily report of such positions must be forwarded to the Managing Director, copying the Heads of Units
- Generate weekly and monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensure client’s transaction are posted real time into their cash accounts
- Review procedural and document flow charts relating to the unit operations with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness;
- Assist in the production of periodic budgets for planning purposes
- Monitor company’s budget with respect to the actual performance and the production of periodic budget variance analysis statements for management decision making.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Liaise with the company’s auditors with respect to the company’s annual audit.
- Generate Fixed Income Investment report on a weekly basis.
- Provide general accounting information needs for the Back Office operations
- Generate business volume as per the attached Marketing Target for the back office for the financial year.
- Any other assignments from the Managing Director.
- Any other assignment as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- A minimum of first degree in any management science/social science related discipline preferably in accounting, economics/finance.
- Professional qualification- A minimum of ACA/ACCA is compulsory while other qualifications such as ACS, ACTI, CFA will be added advantage
- 3 years of cognate accounting experience
- Negotiation Ability
- Team spirit
- IT savvy
- Ability to influence others to do what is ethically right.
- Must possess good listening skills
- Must be fair, goal oriented, responsible and skilled
- Must be a good director of affairs both human and material
- Must be able to evaluate others
- Must be charismatic
- Proactive decision-maker
- Ability to forecast the market
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to penetrate the market and get the best of prices for goods
- Ability to question assumptions
- Ability to proactively measure performance.
- Must be an energetic person with unusual initiative
- Must be resilient
- Sound ethics and integrity.
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character
- Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the banking industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations and operators in the industry.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Accounts Officer jobs
- Salary Offer: *********